E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 325 built in 2002. Previously it had an SMG transmission. His former user, who valued him very much, replaced his SMG transmission with a manual gearbox. I have no problem. I am driving my car, but it gives an error code named "CLUTCH SWITCH". My Cruise control is not working due to this error. Cruise control is activated when the button is pressed, but it never stabilizes my speed. I've watched a few videos and learned that a cable needs to be installed in the DME, but guess what's missing? There is NO CLUTCH SWITCH IN THE CAR. The strange thing is that there is no place in my car to install the clutch switch. Only a sensor like Brake switch has a place to hang out, but it is BLANK! b

Does anyone have any information on how to operate this Cruise control? Should I wear a mechanical sensor, what should I do?

Attachments

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,020 Posts
Without a VIN number...
Looks like you need # 61 31 9 231 129

Connector number, if you need? 61 13 2 359 994

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,054 Posts
there are 2 types of Clutch master cylinders, one that takes Hal Effect sensor, and one that doesnt. When i did my swap, the kit i bought off someone came with 2 individual mechanical switches that were installed to the clutch pedal.
50's kid video here goes into detail of each.

Here are some pics of the swtiches

and here is a harness i created that allowed to use brake harness connector with out splicing

Reactions: VpointVick

·
Premium Member
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
4,566 Posts
and here is a harness i created that allowed to use brake harness connector with out splicing
View attachment 927748
I had just been looking for this!
Did you go into detail about putting this together? Could you link me?
The new search feature will let me search for "clutch switch" and it'll let me search posts that you've made about it, but you've mentioned it too many times for me to easily find your original thread since it won't let me restrict it to threads that you've started.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are 2 types of Clutch master cylinders, one that takes Hal Effect sensor, and one that doesnt. When i did my swap, the kit i bought off someone came with 2 individual mechanical switches that were installed to the clutch pedal.
50's kid video here goes into detail of each.

Here are some pics of the swtiches
View attachment 927746 View attachment 927747

View attachment 927748
I can find a mechanical clutch sensor in turkey. But where can I find the socket for that client? Because I don't have a socket on my car I guess I should find it somewhere, right?

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,054 Posts
I had just been looking for this!
Did you go into detail about putting this together? Could you link me?
The new search feature will let me search for "clutch switch" and it'll let me search posts that you've made about it, but you've mentioned it too many times for me to easily find your original thread since it won't let me restrict it to threads that you've started.
Sorry never created a post on details. I probably should.
only have shared photo album with the progress on my manual swap

I can find a mechanical clutch sensor in turkey. But where can I find the socket for that client? Because I don't have a socket on my car I guess I should find it somewhere, right?
Im having trouble finding those mechanical switches as well, I dont see them posted on real oem. I believe if you swap your clutch master cylinder to a newer one you can switch to the new clutch switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts