BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Long time lurker - can usually find my answers by searching but not this time!

Swapped a 330 engine into a E53 X5 with the same 3.0 B30 engine. Everything is back in and I only have 1! wire connector that doesnt have a home. Where does he go?

Any ideas? It looks like an oxygen sensor connector but coming off the fuel rail? Any help would would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, it is for an Oxygen sensor. For which bank, and pre/post cat, i have no idea.

Can you check to see which O2 sensor on your car is unplugged? maybe thats the one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is all 4 o2 sensors are plugged in now. I started connecting all of them to the longer wires after the engine install and had this guy left over. Am I missing a 5th o2 sensor way down the exhaust line or something?

·
Registered
713 Posts
That wire is for engine coolant temperature sensor on the block under the intake
I believe E46 connector is square with locking spring.
Your engine may have a round connector.
Check realoem and search the temperature sensor in cylinder head like this for your original engine and for the donor engine.
You will see the difference.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=AV53-USA-07-2000-E46-BMW-330i&diagId=11_2169

E46 Coolat temperature sensor location.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5696836&postcount=7

You probably have to remove intake and put the right temperature switch for your X5.
GL!

My 01 E46 3.0L, coolant temperature sensor: 13621433076

01 X5 E53 3.0L, double temperature switch, hence 4 wires: 13621703993

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nailed it! I remember this getting destroyed when the blown X5 engine came out. Getting a new sensor and will plug it in and see what happens! If this works - dslboomer is getting something! I'll keep you guys updated!

·
Premium Member
1974 BMW 3.0CS W/ AN S38B36
34 Posts
IM AN IDIOT THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ALL YOU PEOPLE FOR YOUR HELP
ITS RIGHT THERE ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD THE DARN TEMP SENSOR
YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts