E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does hose B go?

I removed the intake and despite researching this site and realoem can't seem to figure out where hose B in the picture goes.

I do know that hose C goes to the secondary air pump near near the exhaust manifold.

A is blocked off on my car (2001 325xi).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has helped me also. My hose is disconnected and plugged at the tail pipe. When I needed to get at the crank position sensor the vac canister needed to be moved. At that time I noticed the hose from manifold to canister is going bad. I just went back to plug it but was having difficulty finding where the hose started.
Label "A" is a vacuum cap with a squared off top? This points to the back of the car when installed? If it is the same thing my cap was all cracked and no good (Hit the gas quick and it would want to stall. Tough in a man trans). I put another cap on. It was a little loose. Started the car, everything seemed fine. Went out next day to make sure it was secure; it was gone. I put a little sticky stuff on it. Hopefully it will hold. Just thought it odd that a vac port would blow the cap off and also has no barb on the stem.

·
Registered
2006 330ci zhp
2,050 Posts
Should not be blowing the vacuum cap off. Could it be you have the wrong size cap on it? It should be a somewhat tight fit.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
BKL070, I***8217;d make sure you***8217;re using the correct size cap if yours is falling off.

Vacuum cap size/part number for letter ***8220;A***8221; is 7.0mm and #11611727176.
Vacuum cap size/part number for letter ***8220;B***8221; is 3.5mm and #11611437560.

See this thread for more info: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1074573.

Also, if that vacuum port is capped off, there***8217;s no need to cap the hose at the tail pipe, or have that line/vacuum canister on the car at all. You may also want to consider epoxying the vacuum port on the intake manifold if you don***8217;t want to worry about vacuum caps in the future.

In regards to the original thread, here are some additional diagrams and their corresponding vacuum lines that might be a useful reference in the future, as well: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574814.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The cap was loose. It was just what I had. Someone else plugged it at the tailpipe. Seeing how the old one was cracked up and super loose and it stayed. The one I used was a slight taper so that was probably part of it.
What kind of epoxy would you trust to stay as a permanent fix?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts