BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am goin to install my angel eyes soon and i want to hook it up to a switch does anyone know where i can get a blank switch to put here (in the red circled area):dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
any local car audio shop that installs alarms, sound systems, etc etc... i remember i was going to buy one and have it wired to turn my DDE on and off, but i never did it... what are you planning on using it for?

·
Registered
402 Posts
you might be able to get it from a dealership. at the meet on sunday the kid with the steel green 330ci was going to get the DSC button and paint DDE on it with white paint. it might work.:dunno:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
dayum you have a lot of buttons. I only have 2

·
Registered
96 Posts
The part Number for the switches are

DSC; 61 31 6 901 592

ASC; 61 31 6 901 591

·
Registered
109 Posts
can anyone tell me exactly what that speaker button does? in the above pic it is the third from the left. i know it changes some setting for the spreakers, but what exactly changes when i push it?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
i think it sfor the harmon kardon

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah its for the hk sound system....i think it puts more speakers to use bc when i press it the sound gets better and louder/clearer:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
What does the speaker switch do ?????

I have the HK system but no button ?? I've been ripped off, they forgot my button. They owe me a button hehe :D

I haven't seen any UK cars with this button which seems strange ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

·
926 Posts
jarruda said:
It's for the hand free telephone. No for the HK Sound system.
there are 2 "speaker buttons"..
One's on the steering wheel which is used for the handsfree phone.

The other one is near the DSC button and is for the HK sound system which turns on "enhanced Acoustic" mode.
It makes it feel that the cabin is bigger acoustically.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts