1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
subscribing :eeps:

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Good luck with that, lol. There's been only a couple people that I have seen do it. One was posted here not too long ago. The guy replaced just about every orange LED in the car to blue. They're all surface mount LEDs btw... not easy to work with.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Interesting. The red at night is better for your eyes though :p

A friend has a 2006 Mustang GT and she changes the dash/gauge lights between a whole bunch of colors, lots of combos to choose from. Cool feature from the factory.

·
Registered
32,572 Posts
that's very hard to do. there are like hundreds of LEDs to replace in order to get it like that. i'm currently working with my friend to do such a project. if it's good maybe i could get him to do it for you as well.

·
Registered
819 Posts
These days when i see blue or purple gauge lights at night, i immediately think they installed those cheap white gauge faces. Cause that's how my gauges looked in my '89 LX Stang when i installed gauge faces, i could switch between blue or purple. So i prefer the red/orange.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i looked into this. There was a guy on here that did it but it took over a hundred little bulbs, some that had to be put in with tweezers and a magnifying (sp?) glass. He said it took 2 weeks. I could never do it cause i don't have the patience or the time and i'm assuming it would cost a ton to get someone else to do it.

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
IMO... not worth it for a DD

for a showcar it would be cool but your eyes would get strained after a while with those blue lights if you had it as a DD

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
the red/orange interior lighting is as BMW as are the kidney grills, why would anyone want a VW interior lighting scheme in his or her bimmer?!?!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts