E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a grill like this?:dunno:

And BTW...I know how to spell grill...but is the BMW grill spelled...grille? or grill?
THanks for your help...also, tell me whether or not I should change my grill to this? What do you think...you think it looks good or should I just leave it stock?

Attachments

·
Banned
0 Posts
at a store that sells sand paper and matching silver spray paint!!! other do it w/ blk out why not silver ...i've been told easy, and i've seen good results. i'm doin mine blk this week didnt have time today, good luck!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VENDETTABMW said:
at a store that sells sand paper and matching silver spray paint!!! other do it w/ blk out why not silver ...i've been told easy, and i've seen good results. i'm doin mine blk this week didnt have time today, good luck!
I don't want to spray my stock grill because my car is on a lease...so I'm wondering if I can buy it from anywhere pre-painted and everything...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Pkorkis said:

I don't want to spray my stock grill because my car is on a lease...so I'm wondering if I can buy it from anywhere pre-painted and everything...
You can buy a Hamann shadow grille and paint that (it just sticks on to your OEM grille).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carbonworks said:

You can buy a Hamann shadow grille and paint that (it just sticks on to your OEM grille).
What's the Ti Silver Metallic paint code? Where can I get that so that it matches the grill?:dunno: Probably some pretty basic questions...but obviously I don't know, so I would appreciate limited ridiculing...:thumbup:
BTW...Does Hamann shadow look bad because its just an add-on?

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
i am 99.99% sure that he got the shop to paint it. so why don't you go to a dealer and buy the kidney grill then paint it yourself, or take it to a shop. when your lease is up.. sell it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The Hamann shadow grille doesn't look bad at all and I think most distributors can hook you up so that it will be cheaper than buying a new set of kidney grilles.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that I know how to do it...what do you guys think...think I should do it?

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
just wait til u are gonna have something else painted, and throw your kidney grilles and slats in, it wont cost much more.

u could also just get a replacement set from circle bmw or pacific bmw and paint that, if you are worried about returning it to stock after ur lease is up (although u could probly sell it for cash plus stock grille on this board, whent that time comes, but it might not be worth the hassle)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Personally, I don't like the painted grill on silver cars. It fits on black, but not on the lighter colors IMO. I like the way the stock chrome looks on silver. But its your ride man. Do whatever creams your jeans.

Bart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts