E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blackonblack
227 Posts
i believe you can just pull the shift knob right out and place a new one on.

Don't know about the fog light though.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Assuming you are talking about manual transmission just pull that bad boy off. It's on there really tightly so don't go breaking your nose once it comes loose. As far as putting a new one on goes, most of them just slide right on and have a little screw to tighten to keep it on while some are just a friction fit.

The only DIY I know of for foglights is for a coupe but I assume u saw that since sedan was in bold. If not here's the link:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=15

You might also try the owners manual, I know it says how to get at the tailights, headlights, and corners but I'm not sure about fogs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
To remove the shift knob:

1. Put car in 2nd Gear.
2. Grip Shift Knob firmly
3. Pull, Hard
4. Avoid cracking yourself in the nose or head

Not sure about the Fog Light Bulb Replacement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone know what is involved with the replacement of the foglight bulbs on the 99-01 SEDAN? I can't find it anywhere.

I want to put my SPP bulbs in.:banghead:

·
Registered
543 Posts
check DIY pages for foglight, and shiftknob just pull but make sure when u get it off u dont fly into something

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
And when you're putting it on, make sure you push down hard...otherwise the thing will fly off while you're shifting...

And...don't break your face when you're taking the thing off :D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The correct way to replace the foglights on a coupe E46

Keeferno said:
Assuming you are talking about manual transmission just pull that bad boy off. It's on there really tightly so don't go breaking your nose once it comes loose. As far as putting a new one on goes, most of them just slide right on and have a little screw to tighten to keep it on while some are just a friction fit.

The only DIY I know of for foglights is for a coupe but I assume u saw that since sedan was in bold. If not here's the link:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=15

You might also try the owners manual, I know it says how to get at the tailights, headlights, and corners but I'm not sure about fogs.
Thank you Keeferno, this is obviously the correct OEM way to replace the foglights. It does not require removing the fender lining or climbing under the car. Thanks for the help and the only difficult part I had was "compressing the center valance" that was not easy. Took a lot fo patience and some small tiped screw-drivers to get the clips out without breaking them. Again many thanks. The photos helped alot as well.

·
Landon Donovan Sucks
170 Posts
ddyer248 said:
Anyone know what is involved with the replacement of the foglight bulbs on the 99-01 SEDAN? I can't find it anywhere.

I want to put my SPP bulbs in.:banghead:
take a flathead screwdriver and push towards the middle of the car from the tire side of the foglight. (assuming you dont have a mtech bumper, this is for the rectangular foglight) the side of the fog closest to the tire has a protruding piece that fits into the bumper, so all you are doing is pushing that out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts