E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a wiring harness adaptor for the OEM Business CD; I'm going to run the OEM H/U signal to two Zapco amps, and would prefer to do minimal wire cutting and splicing. Thanks. R.

·
Registered
273 Posts
do u have the voltage boost ? u need somesort of an external voltage boost the signal of the OEM deck to the amp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noidea said:
do u have the voltage boost ? u need somesort of an external voltage boost the signal of the OEM deck to the amp.
Nope. Don't need it. The Zapco amps accept differential balanced inputs and will take up to a (I think) 16V signal. No Ven-4 or anything required. Just have to connect the OEM wiring to the Symbilink cable, plug it into the amp, and you're good to go. Hence the need for a wiring harness adapter. R.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
i dont think there are any adapters out there for that.

only adapters are for HU wiring harness that allows aftermarket decks to plug directly into the factory harness without splicing factory HU harness.

you are going to have to splice the wires in the trunk. If you dont want to splice, you can use "t" connectors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PLAZAMAN said:
you are going to have to splice the wires in the trunk. If you dont want to splice, you can use "t" connectors.
Hmmm. Actually, I'll have to splice right behind the head unit, as I'm going to be running 4 Symbilink cables down the cabin and into the trunk (1 front channel, 1 rear channel, 1 sub channel, 1 remote boost controller for sub). Figures- *nothing* is ever easy. R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts