BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear e46fanatics,

I ordered a two sets of Orion V2's from Umnitza, one for me and one for my brother but after installing them in the headlights of my brother's car and routing the black/red wires to the rear of the headlight through the rubber boot, the resistor pack (the white box) has no where to be mounted. I put one on the windshield fluid reservoir and the driver side one on the airbox.

Are these locations suitable, the fluid tank does not seem like it will become too hot, but the airbox does since I've felt it before in his car on the top and it was substantially hot and seems like it would damage the pack.

His car is a 330ci coupe if you were wondering, I have an M3 so I could not use the reservoir or the airbox.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
First, wrong section.

Second, the distributors should be mounted in a location where they are less likely to see fluids. Under the headlights is a pretty good location, although anywhere in the engine bay should be fine. Just don't open your hood when you're washing the car.

Third, they're not resistors.

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
They aren't resistors. They are reducers - basically voltage reducers (basically, though not exactly)
They don't get hot, they don't melt, and they work just fine even if they get a little wet (which they won't):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j3vAz-4Gcs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
might wanna be careful cause mine caught on fire from the resistor getting way too hot.
Where did you have yours mounted, on the airbox?

And there is no space on the headlights as outlined on the instructions from fastm.com anyone want to chime in on how the reducer packs were able to be fitted in that area?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts