E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, when is it time for me to go into BMW saying my clutch is slipping. I've burnt the clutch a few times carelessly, but I'm not sure I know what to look for as far as wear & tear. What would I feel if I needed a new clutch, other than the car not moving after i engage? About when should I do this? I'm 100% sure going to go in before 2005 when my warranty is up, but other than that does anyone have advice?

Thanks
JL

·
Registered
663 Posts
You go to BMW saying your clutch is slipping when your clutch is actually slipping. You know that feeling you get when you are easing the clutch out while pressing the gas? That is you slipping the clutch with your left foot in order to ease it into gear. Well, a slipping clutch feels a lot like that except your left foot is not depressing the clutch pedal. It will happen primarily just after a shift or going up hill when you are giving it lots of gas. A slipping clutch is fairly obvious. You can feel it S-L-I-P...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts