E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys im in a dilemma. I recently sold my R6 so i have some extra cash. I also just bought a 98 M3 that I want to track. I planned on starting out tracking the M3 stock... but 2 of my shocks are leaking a little (more like seaping) I dont think i can track the car wtih leaking shocks, so i think i am going to just go ahead and buy some KW V3 coilovers for it.

Now I have also been putting off mods on the 04 ZHP. I am pretty much settled on some BBS LM reps, going to 19" (instead of my stock 18). But I also want to lower it, but dont have money for coilovers and new wheels right now. Should I buy some KW V2 coilovers for it and murder that wheel gap or should i buy some new shoes?

How does 19" wheels look on stock ZHP ride height? I also am going to BIMMERFEST east come august, so i want both cars to look well not stock haha. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would do coilovers first, will look good with the 18's while you save up for you're bbs :)

BTW, LOVE the e36!! I've been looking for a good deal on one for quite sometime now.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i was kind of thinking same thing. Do coilovers on both cars right away. Do you think KW V2 coilovers is a good Daily Driver coilover for the money and the drop, or is there another better coilover thats cheaper, give me same drop, and same ride?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah i was kind of thinking same thing. Do coilovers on both cars right away. Do you think KW V2 coilovers is a good Daily Driver coilover for the money and the drop, or is there another better coilover thats cheaper, give me same drop, and same ride?

Yeah, KW v2 are nice you could also look into bilsteins pss9 they are pretty nice as well. But from what i've heard the KW v2 has a better overall quality.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
nice rides.

Get some wheels first. Are you set on coilovers? You can get a set of H&R sport springs for a good price. I recently sold my R6 also lol. Will upgrade mine and the g/f's bike to probably r1's soon :4ngie:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
nice rides.

Get some wheels first. Are you set on coilovers? You can get a set of H&R sport springs for a good price. I recently sold my R6 also lol. Will upgrade mine and the g/f's bike to probably r1's soon :4ngie:
i thought steph was your wife. :confused:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Get it ALL done and put it on your credit card! ;) :pimpin:

BTW, your cars look GREAT! :thumbup:

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M3 had 165k on it. Very well taken care of I have a stack of receipts of everything changed. The 2 previous owners were mechanics at BMW dealerships so I felt confident. It fucking pulls hard!

And I think I'm gonna go suspension on both. Then I'll sell my zhp shocks and springs to get money for the wheels :p. Anyone here be interested in some zhp suspension? About 50k on em. They ride Great no leaks on shocks.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Get the suspension first, but why on Earth do you want to put KWs in your M3?:hmm:

Go with Ground control,TCkline or a full Koni coilover, avoid KWs and Billstein if you're tracking.

For your ZHP, if you dont plan on tracking it or autoX it, just get the cheapest coilovers you can find, I mean you're already thinking of 19" rims, so I'm guessing you dont care about performance.

Very nice looking ZHP btw, even in stock form I loove that color.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn I'll have to look into best coilovers for e36 m3 for track. And for my zhp rims. They kind of have some rd rash but can be fixed by going to a rim place. It's not terrible just some scuffs. I'll let u know when I get new wheels. Hopefully in time for bimmerfest :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Suspension first and I second calling Ground Control before you do anything. They are really cool guys and will help you decide.

·
/// Limitless
3,352 Posts
If you intend to track the car, stay away from KW. This is because KW uses progressive rate springs. Great for leisurely driving but you can't accurately corner weight the car with progressive rates springs because the spring rates change when the struts/shock compress/extend.

If you're serious about tracking the car, look into TC Kline, or Ground Control/Koni's (the ones that Koni makes specifically for GC). With GC's you can change out any 2.5" Eibach spring you want to and they have a lot of spring choices.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good to know. where is the best place to buy GC coilovers? almost seems like online the GC website is the only place?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts