BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may be the greatest thing I've heard all day! How will I know when I need a new clutch. I have 94k on my car and I do not believe it's had a clutch, but I don't know that forsure. I think it catches good but I have never felt a clutch slip so I can't tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 100% positive its the transmission. May I ask what the OFHG stands for? I am so sure because the mechanic I took it to before I bought it told me it was the transmission, he never has steered me wrong before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha yes I know I have a lot to learn! I'll make a not to be sure and get second opinions. I'm already seeing he has exaggerated the prices on certain items. This is my first BMW and I'm just nervous about costs but I'm hoping it is a good experience! Thank You for your help=)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
OP...E46Mango knows his stuff I suggest you follow his posts , You could learn alot from him.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am gonna follow him! and alright thank you nervous. DDN - I didn't buy them! They were on the car when I got it=O

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am gonna follow him! and alright thank you nervous. DDN - I didn't buy them! They were on the car when I got it=O
IMO, those are not worth $1500. You will get flamed less b/c you didn't buy them, but yeah, not worth $1500. You would be lucky to get half of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah... negative on the wheels man sorry. However I am in Minneapolis. Recently replaced my OFHG and these guys are right. Oil from that thing gets EVERYWHERE! My tranny was pretty darn wet. IF you want someone to take a good look at the problem check out Imola Motorsports, JB Eurotech, The VW Guy or MNBmw for more referrals.

If you have any lights on your dash on let me know and I can scan them for you. Just got my scanner working on my laptop and have exhausted all the fun I can have on my own car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
"These cost me a little over $2,000 and I'm willing to part with them for $1,500. Not a penny less, I'm taking a hit here, but I could use the money. "

If that is the case, I hope that was written to generate business.

:idea:Honestly I would remove them from your car and just place pictures by themselves next to a garbage dumpster.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah... negative on the wheels man sorry. However I am in Minneapolis. Recently replaced my OFHG and these guys are right. Oil from that thing gets EVERYWHERE! My tranny was pretty darn wet. IF you want someone to take a good look at the problem check out Imola Motorsports, JB Eurotech, The VW Guy or MNBmw for more referrals.

If you have any lights on your dash on let me know and I can scan them for you. Just got my scanner working on my laptop and have exhausted all the fun I can have on my own car.
Hmm I'll definitely keep that in mind! I got no lights on on the dash, I'll take you up on that offer if I ever need to though! But the Napa right by my house does scans for free right now=P[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts