BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...regular sport suspension with 19 inch wheels? Will there be a gap or should I just put on the Eibach sport kit now before I put on the 19's?I know the anser is yes,BUT how much of a gap will be there if I dont?

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eeps: someone had to have be here and done that...come on now,help a brother out please.any one have any pics?

·
Registered
405 Posts
It doesn't matter if you have 17,18 or 19's on your car. As long as you do the proper plus upgrade and the diameter of the wheel/tire stays the same then the fender gap should be the same as it was before.. I have 18" Breytons on my 00 323i with stock sport suspension and I think it looks fine without lowering the suspension.... Most of the guys on this board lower their cars regardless of wheel size and fender gap...To them the car just looks better lowered and possibly with 19" wheels they just might be right...With 19" wheels and stock suspension, you start getting that 4x4 LOOK....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought some 19s and thought the stock sport suspension would be fine. I drove for a week and could not stand the wheel gap anymore. I bought some UUC springs and am just waiting for a free weekend to install them. Say goodbye to the gap....

IMHO..the car will look OK if you go ahead and put on the wheels but would look and handle much better with a drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts