BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my wheels made friends with a curb...anyone have a good/great experience with a specific wheel repair shop? The curb rash isn't too bad, what is a reasonable charge for this service?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was actually just doing some research on this. I know Steve's Custom Cars and Wheel Repair in Bellevue has been recommended to me by a couple people before. I called them up, they said on average its $125 a wheel to fix. Thinking about going there soon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tim at Dependable Wheel in Renton. Its kinda in a ghetto area, but Tim has excellent customer service.
This place is a joke. Took my wheel there, the did a grind around the lip, which was sloppy, then didn't clear it. I left with a polished lip on an oem 19.

Oh and he also tried to charge me to straighten a wheel that really didnt need it. I told him, I don what vibe but I don't want perfection. Didn't seem right so I went to another place.

If you want a real repair, take I to Levi at alloy wheel repair. It's what Eastside uses and I was astonished at what they did to my csl front that was chewed.

Been to a few around, my reviews
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=838833&highlight=

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey All - It's been a long time since I've posted, visit occassionally.

I have some 10+ year old PG2 that I recently had Seattle Wheel powder coat (actually they do all the prep work but outsource the powder coating). I'm happy with the results, and some good guys there. It took a lot longer due to various reasons with the powder coat company, and the fact they had to have the bit custom made to take the wheels apart (2piece). From the shops I spoke with, apparently the bolt pattern for the OZ Racing (manufacture for Hamann) 10point is rare to come by unless you're OZ. They were willing to have the machine shop make the bit.

I would recommend them if you need some work done. The irony of this they are at the same location the infamous Foster's use to be - which I had a terrible experience with back in the day. I think that's why I didn't give Dependable a chance. I know totally different people, but. I have heard that Seattle Wheel has had to fix a few of the work from Dependable...but I'll leave it at that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts