BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been trying to search for a while now and have keep coming across the Beyern Mesh Wheels which I dont want. :tsk:

Anyways, I want to have the the pictured wheels in the 18" sized version.
This seller has the 17" wheels, which I feel are too small for wheels with lips on this car, as I have experienced on a previous vehicle I've had. :banghead:

I know they look similar to the BBS versions, but the car is my commuter, and for the price I got it for, I dont want the wheels and tires to cost more than the car!

I have a 2000 323i Sedan in White. Lowered on Eibach Pro Kit shocks and springs. These are what I am looking for in 18" sizes:

Right now I have the E46 Sport OEM wheels on, which I see around a lot. Theyre nice for the car, but I have been wanting these mesh ones for the longest time and since Im due for new tires, I might as well sell them to change all the wheels and tires at the same time.

Thanks!
Frank.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Whats the width on the wheels, are you lowered at all?

You should be fine with 225/40's if they're 8" wide, it'll have a little bit of stretch if the rears are 9"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lowered on Eibach Pro Kits. Forgot to add that in, I will update. The sig pic isnt updated. Dont care width, just want to find the above version wheels or exact match in the 18" size.

·
Premium Member
20,930 Posts
i think the wheels you have pictured look like OEM wheels. i cant recall if theyre available in 18s tho.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the wheels you have pictured look like OEM wheels. i cant recall if theyre available in 18s tho.
Hmm, if 17"s come like that OEM, any photos of em on the E46? I've tried to search w the word mesh and always get other things.

Maybe w the correct OEM name style I can see if 17"s would work for me, but seeing many others w 18" and 19" wheels, I afraid they may be a tad small.

·
Premium Member
20,930 Posts
17s only look small if youre not low. if youre low enought they are actually ok. I think theyre a 5 series wheel. came on the 02-03 530i.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
20,930 Posts
whatever, those threads are full of sh1t. look uo DTMDan, his 330 is sitting on ET2X offset wheels. So too is Solowww, an i think both added spacers.
Evap is running style 95, E60 7 series 19s, those are ET22 i believe.
Im running E9X offset DPE 19x10s, now i have to run a ridiculous stretch, but thats because its 10" wide

The thing is with a narrow ass 8" or 7.5" wide rim, you can easily run those ET20 offsets. You wouldnt even have to run a ridiculous stretched offset.
The only thing with a E39 wheel you really have to worry about is getting a set of hub rings, because E39s are the only BMW whose hub size is larger than other. we have 72.xmm and E39s have 74.Xmm so theoretically, youd be using the 5 lugs to center the wheel on the hub, and that doesnt always work out. If its off center, you will get retarded vibrations.

If you do, do not get plastic rings, they dont last, get metal rings. Offset just determines how far in or out the wheel sits relative to the hub, but if said rim is only 8" wide, you dont want it to have et4x or et3x, cause then the sh1t will be all tucked way under the fender like a school bus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts