E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did search and found that plp recommand simple green to clean they rimz. i just tried it and it didnt do anything. on the polish lips, there like these water marks that are impossible to get out. anyone know what im tlaking bout? how do i get these damn marks out

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,390 Posts
If you do not dilute the Simple Green that could actually ruin your wheel so be careful with that and you probably need some wheel polish like Mothers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UltimateOne said:
If you do not dilute the Simple Green that could actually ruin your wheel so be careful with that and you probably need some wheel polish like Mothers.
shiet niqqqa u serious? i just sprayed a bunch on then let it sit then when i went to wipe it and clean it, it had all dried up or driped off. where do i get the mothers wheel polish?

·
TX Dinan 3
796 Posts
i bought a wash mit for my wheels and just use a little soap, water and some elboy greese lol. i am usually not that hardcore, but i was getting my new tires on today

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I use meguirs car wash soap and water with a microfiber pad and it works fine. Then I usually follow up with a little bit of spritzer wax.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A piece of advice. I had a friend that used to use simple green on his painted wheels (red) and eventually it bleached them to pink. Be careful with that stuff. If your wheels are painted then just use dish washing soap, and elbow grease. Then wax them. The next time they'll come clean alot faster. Sh** nephew I wash my car at least once a week and give it a rinse and shammy every day. A nice final rinse every day keeps it fresh but won't strip off the wax. If your hardcore. Do the underground super secret sh** and use piano wax on your car. However don't even think about doing it on a hot surface and it will take you at least 3 times as long. The shines nuts though. The drawbacks time, and doesn't last through washings. Good luck

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
def use mothers. that stuff is the best.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I had that problem too with my Intro Forged Senekas...but I think mine is worst, after a snowstorm, my lips were filled with salt and the salt got into the rims and when I tried using Mother's, as recommended by Vince from Iforged, it didn't work at all. Now my rims are getting refinished and clearcoated. Even Kerry Getz had the same problem too.

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
why did u have your rims on during the winter? Don't you have a set of winter wheels? thats what im using my stock 17's for. let the salt eat at those rather than your beautiful senekas...whcih im getting :pimpin:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Cuz I didn't know it wasn't clearcoated...:sad: Senekas!!! Good choice!!!:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts