E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29,522 Posts
I know this thread is two years old but can I ask a question without offending anyone? Why on earth would anyone replace a bearing that only lasted 100k miles with the same brand of bearing? This is the day of 200k mile vehicles. I have a ford truck 4WD truck that the preferred wheel bearing is Timken! People get way too nuts with OEM stuff. I know these are the parts that all the durability testing is done with but sometimes other makers can do just as well. Just don't buy some $20 bearing off ebay!
YMMV. A top shelf bearing may last only 100k miles or 200k miles or more depending on driving conditions, environment, particular way the bearing was manufactured at the time, etc. Bottom line is install the best bearings you can. In this case it's any of the OEM manufacturers. Which reminds me i still need to replace the rest of my 3 bearings. hope those things don't go "bad" sitting in my closet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.