BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a new set of wheels today... They are 245/45 r18's similar to the ASA gt5 style wheels and they came with brand new blizzak lm-60's :).

Anyways, I found out that they are all the same size, :eek: (the craigslist post left much to be desired) the back wheels fit decently but the front ones are definitely going to rub if I turn more than one full steering wheel rotation. I only paid six hundred dollars for them. I was wondering if there was any way that I could make the fronts fit or if I would need to buy new tires for them. This was going to be my winter setup btw.

I have attached pics of how the setup looks with these wheels on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
What are the wheel sizes and offsets?

I would have checked that before buying them lol. You could run a ton of camber but it's just going to wear out the tires quickly.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yeah, the fronts should be about et35 based on what most people use. Some of the fattest wheels people put in front (18x10 et25) often need a lot of camber and some fender adjustment to fit. I don't know if you'll be able to make those work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
They are marked with ET15. The wheel size is 18x9.5 on all four.
You should have checked the wheel sizes and offsets BEFORE buying something. You're going to rub no matter what on the front wheels. I'd suggest selling and getting something more reasonable. Do your homework BEFORE spending money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should have checked the wheel sizes and offsets BEFORE buying something. You're going to rub no matter what on the front wheels. I'd suggest selling and getting something more reasonable. Do your homework BEFORE spending money.
Yes I should have but, if you don't have anything nice/constructive to say then don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes I should have but, if you don't have anything nice/constructive to say then don't say anything at all.
That IS constructive. Basically, you will not be able to use that setup without majorly adjusting your alignment settings or doing a major roll/pull of the fenders, neither of which is practical. Therefore, the only logical approach is to replace your wheel/tire setup with a more appropriate sized/offset setup. It's not about being "nice", it's about helping you find the most appropriate setup for your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts