E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I'd like some feedback and help regarding my wheel alignment.

Cliffs:
- New front end suspension hardware except struts / springs
- Wheel alignment done
- car pulls to the left, driver corrects to the right

Back story - 01 325i with approx 100k miles. Factory M-sport (S338A) suspension etc etc. A couple of years back at low speed I clipped a curb with the right front wheel and have had a wheel alignment done twice since then over a period of time. Car tracked pretty much straight and I had little or no issues. I recently changed my tie rods, FCABs, FCAs, sway links and sway bushes to all Meyle HD gear and stuff up my measurements on the tie rods so the steering wheel way crooked but the car still tracked straight ahead.

I had a Wheel alignment done and now I find that the car is pulling left so I am correcting right. This happens at most times on a flat surface, and I have tested it all over town and have ruled out road camber as an influence.

I trust the alignment shop to have done the work correctly. He id adjacent to my mate's tyre shop and is highly regarded in the area by stock and tuner car owners.

I have checked all my front end work and everything is properly mounted and torqued, nothing looks bent or broken and there are no noises from the front end.

FWIW, this weekend I am doing the RTABs. This is a task that I have wanted to do anyway and is not because of the above points.

Any suggestions on where to look / check?

Much appreciated...

·
Registered
219 Posts
after you install RTABS go back to alignment shop and tell him about the pull and also ask for a printout of alignment before and after

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I have the before and after for the current alignment, I can post that later tonight.

RTABs hopefully tonight, time permitting.

Sent from my V9 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow up - haven't bothered with a wheel alignment as yet. Completed my RTAB replacement - total PITA but so so so worth it!

Alignment coming in the next few days....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts