E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone quick question. 2 times already i've noticed that my trunk open light on my dashboard comes on. I do'nt remember if i accidently pressed the trunk, but i really do'nt think i do.. Today when i was driving i didn't notice but have way to work i notices the trun was open... well atleast that's what my dashboard says. Could me not changing the clear corner bulbs be causing this?... Becase i get the headlights out lights in my dashboard. I waited because my clear corners with bulbs get here today. If nobody has this problem i guess i will close my trunk and keep an eye open to see if i press it... if not something wrong and i gotta take it to the dealership

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If it continues, certainly take it to the dealer. I doubt it's related to your bulbs, though. My dad's M5 has this problem a lot. For some reason, you have to vigorously close the trunk for it to latch.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,276 Posts
its probably nothing but if it continues take it to the dealer and theyll fix it so dont worry about it your covered under warranty, oh and btw how those clears comming along

·
Registered
309 Posts
Might sound kinda dumb but are you accidently pressing the trunk botton when you turn the key in the ignition. I have heard of people bringing their car to the dealer for the same reason and they are just pushing the botton.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah mdowg10 and 04ragtop, i was thinking maybe it's just that... That's why i'm gonna be real carefull in watching myself. If i see that i don't press it, and it comes on, then i take it to the dealership...

and as responce to nikemykee, yeah they are sold already. I other set of clear corners came in today with silver lining... Can't wait to take pics of my mods (chrome grill, clear sidemarker, clear corner with silver lining)... The thing is the damn snow is keeping me from it. We had a lot of inches and all i want is all the snow to melt so that i can wash my car and take pics again = )

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also sfzBimmer2 thank you for your responce, i will close it real good now and then keep my eye on me pressing the button.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys to keep you updated, yeah when i turn the key in the egnition i accidently used to press the trunk opener.. SOrry guys.. Hey's it's right there... NOw i'm more careful

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,908 Posts
you may be doing what i do. because of the placement of the button on your key, you could be hitting it when you put it in your pocket or something. i do that a lot and will always find that my trunk is open...

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i used to accidently press it. But i used to press it when i would turn on the car. By me turning the key, the trunk opener button on the key would be pressed by me accidently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts