E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
TPS Report Coverer
271 Posts
davy, that looks pretty sweet:thumbup: What kind of unit is it exactly, because I was planning on having a similar set-up and yours looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
300 Posts
thanx :pimpin:
I got it from a '99 nissan maxima,it's a birdvieuw system but i ve seen the screen already in other cars and it's from clarion,hope this helps...:thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well i think i'll get this 'replacement box' from my local BMW...
Can you tell me the P/N and also the size of the screen you putted in

·
Registered
300 Posts
i will see if i find the box of the box for the partnumber;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
That;s exactly what I want to do. Let us know the part number and screen size. Also, where did you put the actual unit? In the trunk?

·
Registered
359 Posts
SWEET!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
My mom throw away the box:bawling: ,so i don't have the number but if u go to your dealer and speak to him about this he should normally help you,altough i had to go to 2 dealers,the first never heard of it
The replacement box is normally ment fot the vdo/dayton system but it fits mine also nicely:pimpin:
I put the unit in the trunk with the sparewheel like it is with a mercedes,but with a little more work you can put it under your cd changer under the left side carpet
My screen is exactly 17.5cm width and 10cm high(the housing),i don't know what that is in inches(i think about 6.8 and 3.9)
I took a picture without the screen in it and the remote,if u have a pre 6/00 car you will have to the thing a bit with the switches because on a pre 6/00 car the switches are sepertly and after it's a complete panel with the switches,but it's not difficult with a dremeltool,sorry for my bad englisch:eek:

Attachments

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,804 Posts
Thats pretty bad a$$ looking. Another thing you mght try if that box is in your way is to see ifyou can move your climate control system to that location. I think it is a different unit but then you could put the screen where the current climate control system is.

Do a search for a user here called "srcstc" and you will see what I mean. I dont know if the other climate control box would have issues due to the "Box" you have circled in the pic :thumbup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
No i speak flemisch,my french sucks even more than my englisch ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wyu :

Where did you get the black 'box' in which you're LCD is?
Sorry for my english, but i don't what it is called.

Did you made it yourself? bought it as is or had it made ?

·
Almost stock
725 Posts
It was custom fabricated! Had the shop make it for me.

bmw320CI_FR said:
Wyu :

Where did you get the black 'box' in which you're LCD is?
Sorry for my english, but i don't what it is called.

Did you made it yourself? bought it as is or had it made ?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That looks damn nice!!!

Very clean fit!!!:thumbup:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts