E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got same lights, used a scanner to check them out and all the sensors related to those lights came out good and in nice working order. I ran out of ideas.

I didn't check the steering wheel angle sensor though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
:dunno:

Never works for me though. Oh well, any idea what it could be if they both stay ON even after turning the car off and starting it back up again?

·
Registered
135 Posts
^No. When you pull parking brake, the light is RED, when parking brake is off and you got something else going on, it yellow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
idk why it stays on when your cars off. but when its on and your driving it means your traction control is FULLY off. if its just the circle arrow it means its half off. read your owners manuals

·
Registered
135 Posts
idk why it stays on when your cars off. but when its on and your driving it means your traction control is FULLY off. if its just the circle arrow it means its half off. read your owners manuals
Gahh!!! I know what it means. All I am trying to say is that when these two lights stay ON all the time without you even touching DSC button, something is WRONG. Some sensor is about to take dump on you or it already did. :read:

BTW, I've gone through owners manual already.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. The DSC system uses the fluid level sensor.
Check the YAW sensor connections under the drivers seat and the acceleration sensor under the drivers side foot well trim (especially if you have done anything in those areas)

Have an alignment done, they should set the steering wheel straight when they perform a proper alignment. (along with the proper weighting to set the ride height)

Have the codes read from the DSC system.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Check your brake fluid level. The DSC system uses the fluid level sensor.
Check the YAW sensor connections under the drivers seat and the acceleration sensor under the drivers side foot well trim (especially if you have done anything in those areas)

Have an alignment done, they should set the steering wheel straight when they perform a proper alignment. (along with the proper weighting to set the ride height)

Have the codes read from the DSC system.
I have an appt for an alignment next week, and I will check the under seat sensors tonight after work, thanks for the replies...I know that all fluid levels are good to go...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
right before i bought my car last summer the PO dumped $1600 when the "ABS Control Unit" went bad. this could be a sign of that...it only had 89,700 miles

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
right before i bought my car last summer the PO dumped $1600 when the "ABS Control Unit" went bad. this could be a sign of that...it only had 89,700 miles
:eek: I Hope that's not it, I'm banking on the alignment and possibly a Steering Wheel Angle calibration...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts