E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chrome is weaker in the sense that it can peel with exposure to the elements.. In terms of strength of the wheel a chrome finish would have nothing to do with that.... its just that the plating is more temperamental than most other finishes

·
Sick of Modding my car
394 Posts
I think that BBS LM's are awesome and strong wheels,
I have HRE's, man they are sooo strong, in seattle we have big pot holes and i have had bad experiances with them, my rims are still perfect:thumbup:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would think forged wheels are more likely to bend because they are made to be lighter.....big fat Giovanna cast wheels are pretty tough!

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
In the end, Just avoid the potholes. BBS does however have a good warranty. I think 4 years with a 25% off replacement wheel clause.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
Du Speed said:

I have always heard good things about them...

Oh well. I guess I didn't make a bad decision then. :D
yeah they are good because

1) all custom made
2) custom made rims = bling bling baller status
3) some style looks really good

they are bad because

1) CMT's HRE cracked twice
2) someone said HRE uses low grade alloy
3) they aren't the lightest

:dunno: :dunno:

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
MrMotorwerk said:
In the end, Just avoid the potholes. BBS does however have a good warranty. I think 4 years with a 25% off replacement wheel clause.
thanks.. I DID not know that :D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
For custom rims, I think SAC (speedline america corp), Fikse, Kinesis and Forgeline are good...HRE is not quite up there on the strength side yet...they look :pimpin: tho :lmao:

·
Registered
353 Posts
HRE uses the same alloy 6061 T6 just like forgeline and others...Why are they not as strong?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
it's not only the type of material also the way the wheels are forged...
plus even fikse is not as strong as the forged BBS series...
There are reasons why almost every racing team has converted to either BBS, OZ, Enkei, Rays or Work...
Even turner switched from fikse to BBS...:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.