BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Say hello to my lito fren
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just logged into the racing dynamics website:
http://www.racdyn.com/
and it shows up as RDsport !:dunno: did Federico just get tired of dealing with the boys in Va, and decided to expand RD into RDsport, or what?:huh:

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,649 Posts
I think it's been like this for a number of years already.

do a search, Federico explained the whole story himself about 8-12 months ago or so.

·
+ M-Tech part.2 +
488 Posts
ut oh...rs2's just went down 1g on the resale value

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
RDSport is the real US RD distributor or something like that. Pretty much any new things from the fake RD has no affiliation w/ the real RD (not made by the real RD).

·
Registered
370 Posts
honestly i dont know whats going on at this point. I did order my front bumper, fenders and side from RDsport. I got the rear bumper from Electrodyne. I trust Federico and I belive in his products. I would go with RDsport if your considering getting the Tornado kit.
http://www.rdsport.com/

·
Registered
644 Posts
never seen a tornado in reaql life..they look amaising online...anyone know??

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
By posting that link, you don't know what people are talking about.

The link you posted is not the official racing dynamics web site. In fact if you by stuff from the link you posted, it may not be original racing dynamics parts but knock-offs made with cheaper materials.

Micro64 said:
try racingdynamics.com

·
Registered
370 Posts
The REAL deal is :
www.rdsport.com
(877) RDSPORT (ask for Federico) I've talked to him several times.

Tony

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
x-reality said:
The REAL deal is :
www.rdsport.com
(877) RDSPORT (ask for Federico) I've talked to him several times.

Tony
this is absolutely correct...there is NO QUESTION anything from Federico is the real deal. This is probably the only thing that is for sure.

We buy RD and RDSport stuff ONLY from Federico and NOT from Electrodyne.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Stuff from Electrodyne (racdyn-usa) may or may not be real but everything from Federico (RDSport) is real. It's better to be safe than sorry IMO.

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
taken from the RDSport website-

"RDSport is the brand name used by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milano, Italy, to sell its products in the US and Canadian markets.
The history of RDSport is, therefore, the history of Racing Dynamics, the company founded by Federico L. Pavoncelli in 1980, working out of his house while still a student at Babson College.

From the very beginning Racing Dynamics was dedicated solely upon improving the performance of BMW Automobiles. In the early days most products were components sourced in Europe and modified to fit the US versions of BMW motorcars, but as early as 1982 Racing Dynamics started designing its own components and engineering the first K Motors and performance engine parts.

In 1983 a modernized version of the Pavoncelli Family Crest (a golden peacock on a blue coat of arms) was adopted as the official logo of Racing Dynamics.

In 1983 Racing Dynamics was incorporated in Miami and Federico's younger brother Francesco, moved to the US to help with the operations. During this period Racing Dynamics introduced the first K23 Motor, as well as the awesome K27, the first Racing Dynamics motor to use the Bosch Motronic DME. "

"In September 1996, Racing Dynamics S.p.A. opened its own facilities in Southern California. As the ownership of the Racing Dynamics Trademark in the US and Canada was lost due to unfortunate circumstances in the early years, it created the RDSport Brand name as a way to offer to the BMW enthusiasts its original line of products.

Today, RDSport operates out of a new facility in Fountain Valley, CA, where it houses both engine manufacturing and warehousing facilities. Customers can either bring their BMW or MINI directly to our facility for modifications, or they can purchase the RDSport product directly through our Workshop.

When you purchase or install an RDSport product you can rest assured that you are selecting a brand that has a 20 year heritage and unparalleled experience in the field of bringing higher performance to BMW Automobiles."

disclaimer-

Racing Dynamics S.p.A. no longer supplies its products to Racing Dynamics Inc. of Alexandria, VA. If you purchase a Racing Dynamics brand product in the US or Canada after Jan 1, 2003, you should be aware that this product was most likely not manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A.

If you are unsure about the origin of your product, contact us before purchasing, by writing to [email protected]. Alternatively, the safest choice is to insist on RDSport brand components, which are always 100% true Racing Dynamics S.p.A. manufactured products.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts