BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my Dinan CAI and exhaust put on saturday, and I was wondering what kind of change will I notice...if any. Also, what about the sound of the Dinan exhaust? The service guy at the BMW store (Cincinnati) told me I should expect a gain of 18-20HP...but I find that highly unlikely. Any thoughts?

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Dougs325 said:
I'm getting my Dinan CAI and exhaust put on saturday, and I was wondering what kind of change will I notice...if any. Also, what about the sound of the Dinan exhaust? The service guy at the BMW store (Cincinnati) told me I should expect a gain of 18-20HP...but I find that highly unlikely. Any thoughts?
18-20 HP?! That guy is very wrong. Get it installed somewhere else.

dave

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
Expect about 7.5 hp. Expect the new exhaust to sound like the old exhaust. Expect to hear a little noise from the intake, along with some whistling.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
leave doug alone

didn't you ever listen to a saleperson talk about something that you were excited to get for your car.. doug question about the 20 h/p he is asking about it to me it sounds like he didn't believe him

but what are you going to do when you got a car warrented. that
is the only game in town. i feel the same way about the shark injecter. about puting it in and out in 10 minutes.that is not warrented but you can take it out in 5 to 10 minutes.

that is like myself wanting to get the gruppe m exhaust for 2,500.00 that is alot to blow your warrenty no!!!!!!!!! and that
is for my m3 i think that one gives you 7 to 9 h/p but
i am not going to get that for the warrenty issue. i guess the
only game in town is the dinann or the acs one.

so leave doug alone i would like to see anyone that as a new car
or even a 2 yr or 3 yr car blow a warrenty over a after market exhaust.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
First off, you won't even hear your Dinan exhaust for the first couple months...it'll get louder as time progresses. Secondly, I didn't really notice/feel the increase of power from my Dinan exhaust until I matched it with a Dinan CAI + Stage 2 software...that's when the exhaust really sounds nice. You honestly won't feel much of a difference with just the Dinan exhaust considering its basically just the muffler...couple it with a few other mods to really see the difference. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was really hoping for a nice sounding exhaust...I don't care if it's loud, I just want it to sound "mean"...not ricey. But on the other hand, Dinan still covers the warranty and I don't think they make bad products. I've heard good things about their intake...but close to $900 only for a muffler! that's a little expensive. Anyhoo, the intake, exhaust and software get installed saturday. I'll let you guys know what I think, along with a couple of pics. Thanks guys

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
Dougs325 said:
Yeah, I was really hoping for a nice sounding exhaust...I don't care if it's loud, I just want it to sound "mean"...not ricey.
Yeah, the Dinan exhaust I think is one of the better sounding exhausts made for the E46, as it's not too loud, doesn't sound ricey, but has a nice low deep and subtle tone to it to make sure those around you are aware of your presence. I gauruntee that you'll be happy with the Intake + Exhaust + Software and you'll notice a big difference. But you'll have to give it a couple months before you can truly hear the sound of the exhaust; all the packing inside the muffler needs to melt. Let us know how it goes when you get everything installed!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Am I the only one here who feels as though people need to be a little more descriptive in their subject lines??? Hence the label "SUBJECT" :tsk:

·
Registered
52 Posts
i hate dinan it sucks ass and people shouldn't buy it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts