E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of people complaining about brightness of their aftermarket DAE's but whenever I see a 5 or 7 series with DAE's they're always clearly visible during the day. I don't get it.:dunno:

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
Ok, let's figure this out step by step.

DAE - is a "BRAND NAME" term.

DDE - is the original "Brand Name" term.

Please do a search.

No one is "complaining" about dimness except a few folks. This is due to a bulb recall.

5 and 7 series have "Luminescent Rings" and they are patented from the factory by Hella.

It's a "misnomer" to claim that the "Luminescent Rings" are "visible" during the day on the 5 and 7 series. The 5 series lights when they first came out in 2001 were not very good quality and spotty. The 2002 are superb.

The 7 series is actually worse because these sit differently in their housing than the 5 series. The 7 series illustrate exactly the issues that the whole Daylight Demon Eyes line has proven in the aftermarket:

Namely, in different applications (E38, E36, E46) they look different (some a little brighter, than others).

For example, to this day, the E46 remains the BRIGHTEST of all of them. Why? We're working on the exact reasons to make the color consistent across the line.

But, please do a search.

The term DAE = NOT GENERIC.

·
Suck it easy.............
2,237 Posts
I'll add my 2 cents in this.....if you are talking about OEM 5 & 7 series halos...the reason they are the way they are is that, if u take a close look at them, the rings itself is surrounded by a black plastic piece thats connecte on the outside of the ring to the actual housing, that keeps the light within the ring from spreading. This is key when looking at them from an angle, the ring is still fully visible on the oem, while on the DAE/DDE or what ever else is out there, if you look from an angle, the light in the right will spread out.......not sure if that makes any sense at all...if not...don't mind me..:)

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
Chase265 said:
I'll add my 2 cents in this.....if you are talking about OEM 5 & 7 series halos...the reason they are the way they are is that, if u take a close look at them, the rings itself is surrounded by a black plastic piece thats connecte on the outside of the ring to the actual housing, that keeps the light within the ring from spreading. This is key when looking at them from an angle, the ring is still fully visible on the oem, while on the DAE/DDE or what ever else is out there, if you look from an angle, the light in the right will spread out.......not sure if that makes any sense at all...if not...don't mind me..:)
LumenX Enhanced:eeps: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts