BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE WITH A S/C please let me know , i am in the mood to get one !!! heeheh ... just wanted to know what i should go with honestly and what will not totally mess up my engine.
thanks so much
mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
ASA SUPPOSEDLY produces the most horespower, not even they have a dyno to prove it though, but they do run 9.5 psi of boost (i think thats right ????) and they have front mount intercooler.

AA just released a kit too, check it out by doing a search or they might have info at www.aatuning.com

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
The best ones should be the positive displacement type. I only know the HIOP and the to-be-released Conforti are positive displacement SC's.

·
Big in Japan
1,373 Posts
RMS- garbage - too many blown engines and software issues (esp the E36 guys have some war stories)
ESS- good, but no low end
ASA- not to sure about this one, and the fact they use a fuel regulator is not reassuring (aka no software)
Personally, I would wait for the AA to come out in final spec and see what it can do. Also, JimC and HIOP tech should also be showing their faces this spring, and because they are positive displacement would have plenty of low end. I think they will all be about $5K too, which is nice. If you get a blower now, I think you will have wished you waited for these kits,their powerband will be much more useable.

·
Big in Japan
1,373 Posts
Steve said:
Don't forget about ACS or Hartge ;)
dont forget we live in the US, and the ACS will be $$$$$$$$$4 over here..

although in BMW car, that compact with it looked SWEET, its the prettiest kit by far.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
RichP said:

dont forget we live in the US, and the ACS will be $$$$$$$$$4 over here..

although in BMW car, that compact with it looked SWEET, its the prettiest kit by far.
It's $$$$$$$$$$$ here too!!! :cry:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have heard the most good things about the ESS one, stay away from RMS. Oh, & it might be a good idea to wait for the AA one.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
which has better low end the asa or ess? how much more power would the hiop produce low end?

at what rpm does the asa reach max psi?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts