E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
42,919 Posts
thread from the dead but does anyone know if I can purchase just the screen? I already have a Pioneer flip out/nav so I dont need the navigaton. I'm thinking of using the screen for my back up cam...

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
42,919 Posts
:( ok thanks for the info ben...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone have the installation instructions for the BMW nav accesory?

Is the car pre-wired or does everything need to be torn apart to hook this thing up?

Has anyone tried to replace the control unit with the MS 5500 DVD model?

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
It should come with instructions on the install. I've known people to do it.. but I let a local audio shop do the install. Not sure what the install entails... but some things needs to be taken out to run the wiring harness, etc.

I haven't done the MS5500 replacement, but it can be done. Go to http://www.2lanco.com. He'll have answer for you.

rickhuizinga said:
Does anyone have the installation instructions for the BMW nav accesory?

Is the car pre-wired or does everything need to be torn apart to hook this thing up?

Has anyone tried to replace the control unit with the MS 5500 DVD model?

Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
zivagolee said:
If you want NAV, I would go with OEM. It's A LOT better. There is a retrofit kit out... ask Vaheh at Crevier BMW ([email protected])

Z

theres a kit for US now? i remember some thread that only Euro version....can u share more detail about this? is the kit $2000 also, not including labor

101 - 109 of 109 Posts