E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Damn tough choice because I really want nav. Right now though I'm working on figuring out a way to have a video security system when Im away from my car. But I might have figured out a cheap effective way to do that using my old computer in which case its on for ordering navigation.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cool. Show us pics when its done :)

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
Damn tough choice because I really want nav. Right now though I'm working on figuring out a way to have a video security system when Im away from my car. But I might have figured out a cheap effective way to do that using my old computer in which case its on for ordering navigation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
For the people that bought this OEM navigation, do you know the specs of the monitor...or if it accepts composite or VGA inputs. I'm considering getting another navigation system and just using the BMW monitor. Is this possible? or is the monitor only able to use with the VDO system? thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You should be able to hook up the nav-tv to this. Not 100% sure tho..

babbit said:
For the people that bought this OEM navigation, do you know the specs of the monitor...or if it accepts composite or VGA inputs. I'm considering getting another navigation system and just using the BMW monitor. Is this possible? or is the monitor only able to use with the VDO system? thanks.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Ive got the cash for that OEM nav system now. How much would installation be? Is it possible to DIY what would you need to do? Does any one actually have that NAV system in yet?

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can do DIY (it comes with instructions). But, I don't have the time, so I'm having someone do it for me (he's charging me $175). If you're near Irvine, CA area, I can give you his number.

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
Ive got the cash for that OEM nav system now. How much would installation be? Is it possible to DIY what would you need to do? Does any one actually have that NAV system in yet?

·
Registered
167 Posts
It doesn't look TOO hard (not like adding some engine mod) so if you have some knowledge of the car at all... you should be ok.

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
Im in SF. Ill order it. And if it looks too complicated ill drive down there.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sweet. 2 Last questions before I go and order it. The parts I need to order (I have a coupe are) are
84 11 0 007 797 and
84 11 0 009 582 ? Also this will give me voice prompts over my sound system? Thanks. I cant wait.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just call up Crevier and ask for Chris or Leigh. Tell them you know me (Zivago) and you want the same NAV that I got. He'll know what you are talking about get you the correct NAV. The only difference is there are 2 different head brackets...

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
Sweet. 2 Last questions before I go and order it. The parts I need to order (I have a coupe are) are
84 11 0 007 797 and
84 11 0 009 582 ? Also this will give me voice prompts over my sound system? Thanks. I cant wait.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
How much because BMW SF quoted me the same price as on that PDF sheet? Also will it have free shipping?

Edit:Also will you post/pm/IM me the phone number over there. Thanks- Ben

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
anyone knows if we can get the oem navigation that comes when you order your car?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yea, you can get the the factory NAV (even one with the DVD). But, only if you are willing to pay the price (meaning its $$$).

smoke said:
anyone knows if we can get the oem navigation that comes when you order your car?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
There was a post about it a while ago because someone was selling the entire system. It can be done but it seems no one has on an E46. There was a link to someone who did it on their E39, also it was about 2200 the OEM one Im getting is around half. Edit: That was the asking price for a used system. I think I readsomewhere that the part that goes in your dash is 1500 alone + the DVD itself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
wow,looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you like it?I have used garmin nav system and it was best system i have seen.Is this one voice navigated?

41 - 60 of 109 Posts