E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Got your PM also. But, yes, you should be able buy those separately. I would call up Crevier..

DaveM3Blue said:
zivagolee, could you just buy the console part and put a different screen in it?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
So if I have an 03 325ci with harmon kardon what parts do I need? Has anyone on here done this? It looks great. Also will those I think its called NAV TV systems allow you to connect a video imput? Any idea on how hard installation would be?

·
Registered
167 Posts
No, its actually been available for a while. Just not many had it in stock, etc.. Its basically the same CD version thats been on the factory NAV systems but in aftermarket form with "look" of OEM. You will be able to upgrade to the DVD version when the PC5500 comes out from VDO by just replacing that CD unit with the DVD PC5500.

coffee said:
it's dated 01/00......... Is this product out dated?

·
Registered
330 Posts
He and his said:
thats the one......DVD based and all, one disc for the entire USA, voice activated, the works.........:thumbup:
I got that one, its THE BEST.

I love it, worth every dollar. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have it on order.... i'll post when i get it done

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll be receiving mine on Saturday also. But, the PC5500's approx cost when it comes out in June/July will be around ~$1000. Don't quote me tho...

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:

About how expensive would that be?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hmm I think I might wait for the dvd to come. How much faster is DVD based? The DVD holds the entire country but are the maps themselves more detailed/updated on the DVD?

·
Registered
167 Posts
The PC5500 will be available around June/July. The DVD one is a bit faster (not like double faster or anything) and it does hold more stuff on it (such as having the entire country on 1 DVD as opposed to 6 for the CD).

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
Hmm I think I might wait for the dvd to come. How much faster is DVD based? The DVD holds the entire country but are the maps themselves more detailed/updated on the DVD?

21 - 40 of 109 Posts