E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think the one the looks the best in the car at a cheap price is OEM. As for what is the best navigation, my vote is for the new Pioneer with touch screen.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm going to get this one. Its an OEM kit. Its CD only at the moment. Its pretty nice and can be upgraded to DVD if you want when VDO releases the PC5500 DVDROM (which is the same DVDROM thats in the MY2003 models).

·
Registered
203 Posts
zivagolee-

I've been looking at Crevier's and other sites, and I'm not finding a pn list... do you know where I could find one? Thanks man.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know, I don't have it yet. :p

But, from what I hear its really good. The only advantage the DVD system has is that its faster and has the whole US map. The CD only has for ex. California/nevada or where your location is.

The other disadvantage to this OEM product is even if you get the DVDROM, you still can't play DVD movies and such unlike other aftermarket (Kenwood, Alpine, etc)

coffee said:
so whats your feel for this product?
Do you like it?
Is it accurate in directions?

Also, does this one talk to you?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey, I have a few more questions if you dont mind...

so, if I have a 2002 325i with the BMW Business Radio (not HK),
I would need the following part numbers:

65 90 0 015 955 - console, monitor
65 90 9 408 772 - navigation cd computer

can you order the NAVIGATION INSTALLATION SET ?
what is the part number for BASIC CARRIER, FRONT ?
If I speak English (which I do), I don't need a new CD?

Also, I thought I saw a thread about this system awhile ago, saying that it doesn't work in the US because of the way the GPS is set up... do you know anything about this?

If this could work, I am all over it... thanks for the heads up man.

·
Registered
376 Posts
honestly...that screen is too far below from visual sight of the road, and then when one looks at the nav screen, boom you get hit or hit something on the road cause your eyes drifted away from the road to see your nav system, thats a bad bet. I think the best one is the one that protudes a screen near the center ventilation system, your eyes are not away from the road and you can see the screen and the road at the same time, thats playing it safe...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, call the Crevier BMW parts dept. Ask for Chris and say you know Zivago and ask about the Navigation system. He should know what you are talking about. He'll tell ya what you need.

This will work in US or I don't think they would sell it to me...

BTW, he's not in until 1PM PST so might want to call after that.

navyblau said:
Hey, I have a few more questions if you dont mind...

so, if I have a 2002 325i with the BMW Business Radio (not HK),
I would need the following part numbers:

65 90 0 015 955 - console, monitor
65 90 9 408 772 - navigation cd computer

can you order the NAVIGATION INSTALLATION SET ?
what is the part number for BASIC CARRIER, FRONT ?
If I speak English (which I do), I don't need a new CD?

Also, I thought I saw a thread about this system awhile ago, saying that it doesn't work in the US because of the way the GPS is set up... do you know anything about this?

If this could work, I am all over it... thanks for the heads up man.

·
Registered
203 Posts
thanks alot man, I'll call him later on today.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, I thought about this too. But, it is voice operated so you don't need to look down all the time.

The only thing I hate about those popup aftermarket ones is that it blocks the air vents.

But, those aftermarket ones do have better features...

riuster said:
honestly...that screen is too far below from visual sight of the road, and then when one looks at the nav screen, boom you get hit or hit something on the road cause your eyes drifted away from the road to see your nav system, thats a bad bet. I think the best one is the one that protudes a screen near the center ventilation system, your eyes are not away from the road and you can see the screen and the road at the same time, thats playing it safe...

1 - 20 of 109 Posts