E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Conceited Prick
1,900 Posts
cuz they're custom,forged, and of high quality.

·
Registered
264 Posts
DPE quality

I need an unbiased opinion on the DPE wheels...That is, I dont want to hear from anyone affiliated w/ the company. (i.e. I heard that some companies such as Iforged, have had some quality issues w/ their wheels being out of round/poorly made etc. What are DPE's like...??

A buddy of mine is debating between the HRE 441R and DPE R06 Variant S. Of course DPE is cheaper, but what about quality??

·
Conceited Prick
1,900 Posts
So far I've heard no complaints about DPEs.

IForged has had issues in the past. I'm not sure if they still do. Jesse (xS3x) would be a good one to ask about IF. He's got a new set.

·
mi casa @ technik
5,848 Posts
skeemr4 said:
I need an unbiased opinion on the DPE wheels...That is, I dont want to hear from anyone affiliated w/ the company. (i.e. I heard that some companies such as Iforged, have had some quality issues w/ their wheels being out of round/poorly made etc. What are DPE's like...??

A buddy of mine is debating between the HRE 441R and DPE R06 Variant S. Of course DPE is cheaper, but what about quality??
I have not heard any problems with Iforged recently. never heard of any stories about the wheels being out of round/poorly made..however, i did hear about HREs cracking :yikes:

Iforged used intro customs as their OE manufacturer, which also makes custom rims from DTM Kreuz.

I haven't heard anything negative about DPEs too

·
Obey my dog
2,487 Posts
i've been in recent contact with iforged as well. i've been down to their warehouse twice in the past week and spoke with steve and vince. they showed me around. the place is pretty cool and they seem to have their stuff together now :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.