BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone... since I'm fairly new to BMW's and what not, which bmw magazine would you guys recommend that is good?? I'm looking to get a magazine subscription to my brother for xmas. He drives a e39 and his wife, an e46. He prefers reading up about mods and bmw news in a magazine format rather than internet forums. What do you guys suggest? Preferably something that I can pick up at the newstand to at least give him his first issue and so I can mail in the subscription form.

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

T

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
If he isn't a member of BMW CCA give him a membership and he'll get a subscription to Roundel for free. Roundel is the official BMW CCA magazine. Lots of good stuffs in there. Not so much tuner stuff though.

dave

·
Registered
202 Posts
BMW Performance in my opinion is the best if he is into modding at all, and mostly cares about 3/5 series cars. Bimmer is good if he likes "everything bmw" and wants a very general magazine that covers all bmw's. Total bmw is also very good. Both total bmw and bmw performance are european magazines therefore are a little more expensive and harder to find. Bimmer is the cheapest of them all and easy to find. Hope this helps.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,661 Posts
Commander FAT said:
If he isn't a member of BMW CCA give him a membership and he'll get a subscription to Roundel for free. Roundel is the official BMW CCA magazine. ...
What he said.

BMWCCA offers a wide range of stuff for the BMW enthusiast, from wine tastings to driving schools at race tracks around the country. The Roundel magazine is fantastic. The membership reward program for people with 1+ years of membership provides a $500+ rebate directly from BMWNA .

Ed

·
Registered
133 Posts
My understanding is that the BMWCCA membership is around $35, but you have to pay an additional $35 to receive Roundel? Can someone give the exact details?

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
@bmwcca.org
You will receive the monthly Roundel, our colorful, informative 140 page magazine which many consider to be the world's best car club publication.
roundel free

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,186 Posts
PBMW is one of my favorites (Performance BMW -- not BMW performance like some people are saying). its like 100 for a subscription tho because its a Euro magazine...

-mark

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Dalton said:
PBMW is one of my favorites (Performance BMW -- not BMW performance like some people are saying). its like 100 for a subscription tho because its a Euro magazine...

-mark
What he said... :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
From BMWCCA's site:

"Membership cost is only $35 for one year, $67 for two years, or $99 for three years! Delivery of Roundel by first class mail is an additional $30.00 per year and air mail (outside North America) is an additional $75.00 per year. "

It says delivery of Roundel is an additional $30...Is this an error?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but my post doesnt deserve its own thread. Does anyone get "BMW magazine"? It comes quarterly, and is published by BMW. I am in Canada and it is a Canadian version. Is this similar to the "roundel"?

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
fadegs said:
From BMWCCA's site:

"Membership cost is only $35 for one year, $67 for two years, or $99 for three years! Delivery of Roundel by first class mail is an additional $30.00 per year and air mail (outside North America) is an additional $75.00 per year. "

That's only for first class mail delivery. I have a standard $35/yr membership and my Roundel still comes in, just not that quickly. :thumbup:

BMW CCA membership is a good thing to give even if just for the magazine, but the other benefits alone are definitely worth the price. You get a parts discount (anywhere from 10-20%, which really adds up on parts that can cost several hundred dollars), and invitations to club gatherings and events. They offer driving schools and autocross events, as well. I recommend it.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
twf said:
Sorry to thread jack but my post doesnt deserve its own thread. Does anyone get "BMW magazine"? It comes quarterly, and is published by BMW. I am in Canada and it is a Canadian version. Is this similar to the "roundel"?
No, not at all. BMW Magazine is basically a sales pitch.

dave

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
fadegs said:
From BMWCCA's site:

I don't remember if I paid extra for Roundel or not.

dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts