BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as u guys know, I dinged my car (thread )

I went to a couple of body shops, and their quotes vary

1. $1500, but this place deals with high end cars. and their work is unsurpassed. but IMO it its overkill.
2. $700, they just repair the dent, not replace the fender. Paint is blended.
3. $450, similar to no 2, but no blending paint. They say they will match the paint as close as possible.
4. get a painless dent removal, scratch will be visible, but its quite unnoticeable. cost will be around $200 ish.

Which one would you do? Keep in mind that my insurance deductible is $1000. So if I go route 2 and 3 and 4 I will pay for it myself.

No I dont want to get a tornado fender or anything.. I just want to return it to regular.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i would go with number 1 if you had anything else to repair. But if not, i'd go with number 4, and save the money for future modds

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'd first try option 4, then I'd go to Bimmerfest.com DIY section and take a look at the scratch repair DIY's. If after that, you didn't fix it to your satisfaction, then I'd start considering more $$$ options.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no there is nothing else to repair.. just that

it pisses me off so bad, just a small thing can cost upwards of 1000 :ben: :ben: :ben:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thekubiaks said:
I'd first try option 4, then I'd go to Bimmerfest.com DIY section and take a look at the scratch repair DIY's. If after that, you didn't fix it to your satisfaction, then I'd start considering more $$$ options.
but then I will be wasting the $200 I spend to get the dent removed...

BTW is the touch up paint up for sale again? (did they get the enviromental thingie fixed???)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thekubiaks said:
is this at their detailing section??

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,818 Posts
don't be foolish....if you dont' like the tornado fenders (i don't either to be honest) get m3 fenders. They're OEM... They'll probably be cheaper than 1500...

JL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts