BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im going to buy hamann rims in about a week, and i have a dilema. should i put 19" pg3s on my car and have it look slightly higher than stock, or put 18" on and lower it? btw i have the sports package if that matters. and also, with 19" will my car look alot higher than stock?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool

what size tires would u guys recomend? i dont wanna bend my rim, or anything like that

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,434 Posts
well, the total diameter of the tire (from the top to the ground) should remain pretty close. it's going to have to be pretty low profile....like 30 or 35 aspect ratio

·
name's PHIL
6,061 Posts
if your

gonna go 18's then u might as well go 19's.............u risk with both of them so might as well be:pimpin: if your gonna do it............besides half the people i know who went with 18's in the begining ended up shelling out more money later to get 19's..............just roll on 19's:thumbup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah

the only problem is, is i lower it with 19" they will rub for sure, and i dont want to roll my fenders or anything like that

·
Alpha Male
6,560 Posts
Re: yeah

mark330ci said:
the only problem is, is i lower it with 19" they will rub for sure, and i dont want to roll my fenders or anything like that
That's not true either.

It all depends on the width of your wheels and tires and the offset of the wheels.

Somebody's been telling you old wives tales.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts