E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, its true. The Arqray/Strass Look. After 1 month of getting it made, and the following 2 months of waiting for it to get painted and CF'd, I decided to go with the CSL look instead (coming soon!). However, I placed the lip on (not mounted) and snapped a pic for show and tell. The lip fits excellent but you can tell its not bolted (see drivers side). Anyway...the lip is for sale in "Exterior" section of For Sale.

Thanks MCD007 for the quality of the lip itself. FD did the paint and CF which was excellent :thumbup: -- but you get a big fat ZERO for customer service. :thumbdwn:

Alas, the pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Sucks that you couldnt get it on and enjoyed it... CSL probably looks sick on your car though, so dont beat yourself up about it. Post pics of the CSL look when its done, cant wait to see it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Yeah. Definitely excited with the CSL look. I think it flows more with my taste in clean lines. I will post pics when it is all done...well not ALL...its never "done". :lmao:

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,005 Posts
ooh the CSL front will look more aggressive :evil:

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
Hmm that's a hot lip though, either way your car is going to look very good/classy :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
that is a VERY nice lip :) ......shouldn't have trouble selling that beauty.

be sure to post pics after the CSL install :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Not that I'm hating or anything like that ... but, personally I think that the CSL set up is gonna be played out fairly quickly. Seems to me nowadays, everyone wants this set up ... just looking at the showroom section, you'll find alot of people talking about look at my CSL ... Sometimes I feel that us sedan owners need a look of our own. Anyhow, that's just my opinion ...

Good luck with whatever set up you go with ... I'm sure it will look great.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with you. But Sedans generally look less-aggressive to begin with. The goal of many Sedan modders is to have the usage of a 4-door with the aggressiveness of a 2-door. Im not sure any car in history has made a 4-door more stylish and aggressive than the traditionally "sporty" 2-door. Thus we sedan owners look for something more aggressive than the normal coupe to counter the offset.

Personally I chose the CSL because it has clean lines with the the aggressive M3 feel to it. The lack of fog-lights also is a plus for me as it adds more to the unicolor approach of my vision. It may be played out as you stated....but then the E46 as a car in itself is played out ....especially if you live near the west coast. The lip was sporty and somewhat aggressive, but I felt that there was a limitation to just HOW aggressive a sedan should look. Technik's 330ii is a good example of an aggressive, yet clean and simple Sedan. Simplicity matched with Aggressiveness I think compliments the Sedan the best. I think the CSL will give me both.

Thanks for the comments guys....I love the Arqray look, but feel the CSL will better suit me.

E46 SC3 said:
Not that I'm hating or anything like that ... but, personally I think that the CSL set up is gonna be played out fairly quickly. Seems to me nowadays, everyone wants this set up ... just looking at the showroom section, you'll find alot of people talking about look at my CSL ... Sometimes I feel that us sedan owners need a look of our own. Anyhow, that's just my opinion ...

Good luck with whatever set up you go with ... I'm sure it will look great.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Damn every thread on here is about sedan owners gettin their CSL bumpers. I have been waitin for mine for 3 months already. :cry:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think we all tend to forget that our rides gain attention from the general BMW population....but when it comes to members on this board, we feel the need to be even MORE original. Here in Arizona, there aren't many modified bimmers that I come across on a daily basis.....so I shouldn't be surprised when people comment on my ride -- even though it has minimal modifications. You are right, nothing is played out....we just ALL want to be original in some sense.

deletedpenguin said:
I don't think really anything on this board is "played out". Just because it may be popular on the boards here, doesn't mean it is with the general BMW population.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
925 Posts
That was an excellent reason for switching to CSL, however i have always mega-dug that arqray-strass combo :drool:

·
Registered
926 Posts
deletedpenguin said:
I don't think really anything on this board is "played out". Just because it may be popular on the boards here, doesn't mean it is with the general BMW population.
Okay, maybe my using the term "played out" was alittle extreme ...

Maybe a better way to have put it, would have been to say ... alot of "BMW Fanatics" have been going to the CSL set up. Pretty soon, everyone will look like one another. Please don't get me wrong ... I love the look too, and I even thought about going that way. But like DanteArizona bought up, it's about being original in my opinion that makes one special. Hopefully I'll be able to show off my new look as soon as InterAutoParts gets me my Kerscher lip spoiler (been waiting a month already :bawling: ).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts