BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Dynavin unit into my M3 and got the old widescreen unit that I want to sell. Other than the actual unit what else should be included with the sale for buyer to be able to use it and rough price to ask for? Out of a 2002 m3. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
mate you can sell it with whatever you like...
dont quote me, but as far as i know, the buyer, if they have a business CD, will require the whole wiring loom, gps modules, etc etc for it to work.. its quite a pain. not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I sold my widescreen monitor with cd (not the tape one) for $500

To use it as a radio they need the bm53 business radio module. Ill check how much I sold that for and report back

Also sold the nav computer, oem Bluetooth module etc. I did the same as you, replaced it all for the dynavin

Your best bet is list it all separately on eBay. Guaranteed to sell.

Ps do you like the dynavin??

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the tape one.
do you have pic of the business radio module or where do i find it..
is there anything in the boot that i should take out to sell (cd stacker is gone already).
i do like the dynavin. just got it so am still learning to play with it. i got an iPhone 4 and the address book doesnt seem to work so i gotta dial out of phone which sucks.
what about you??

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the screen in good nick?

Man things are getting cheaper. I paid $1600 (CD) and $1200 (Tape) back in 2004 for mine.
from memory might have one scratch on the screen, will have to have a proper look. ive just put it in the box.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The modules you don't need anymore are in the back next to where the CD changer was, hidden under the boot lining. The buyer will need the wire harness to retrofit this into a car that didn't come with the screen. I dont think you want to try taking it out of your car as it is not going to be easy. These harnesses can be found on ebay but it a fairly complicated retrofit as there are different versions of the harness if I remember correct. There is a diy somewhere in this forum. G'luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
i got the tape one.
do you have pic of the business radio module or where do i find it..
is there anything in the boot that i should take out to sell (cd stacker is gone already).
i do like the dynavin. just got it so am still learning to play with it. i got an iPhone 4 and the address book doesnt seem to work so i gotta dial out of phone which sucks.
what about you??
pretty much, everything in the passanger side behind the boot trim is useless now. get rid of it all. everything will be labelled. you should have the tv tuner, nav computer, BM53 unit behind it.

for my need, the dynavin doesnt cut it. i need a good source unit to feed a good signal for my processor. something with 4V pre out is a must, with a 24 bit DAC to get the most out of my MP3's. the dynavin strong point is definitely not in that area of things. i would recommend buying one if your after a plug and play double din with nav, BT, ipod, etc etc to feed your stock stereo. if you have a complete aftermarket system, dont put it in!!!! thats why im going to sell mine onece i get rid of a few other stereo items i have accumulated this year and install a Clarion NX501A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts