·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So last weekend I got these two codes
-P0128 Coolant temp below thermostat regulating temp
-P0444 Evap control sys purge valve C open
I replaced the thermostat housing and my gas cap since it was loose and shot. That fixed things and the CEL went off... until today. I got my car scanned and same codes!! :ben:
What do i do now?

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is on now. Same exact codes as last weekend, also my temp gauge is reading completely fine and runs normal.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Did you try to tighten your gas cap a bit more and reset the codes? Maybe a defective gas cap or could be the breather valve is on its way out. The breather valve is right below your intake manifold but in front close to the alternator. About 40 bucks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a good idea and the gas cap is actually awesome its a newer more improved design then the original. Also, one my home from the restaurant my CEL light went off so I guess all is well. Thank goodness. I appreciate the help :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
did you have the codes cleared after you replaced the thermo orr did the CEL just go away on it's own? Because I think the codes will be there until you actually clear them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No; I installed the new parts and didn't have them cleared because I knew if it was fixed it would go away, but the codes would still be stored. So now I need to go find an ipod mount and while I am there I will have the codes erased. I am way over due for posting pictures of my ride with new electronics and body mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts