E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What to get

• Get the Steel Grey in a week

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Wait 2-3 months for the Estoril Blue

Votes: 28 75.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help on deciding on what to do. I ordered a M3 about 3 months ago. I was deciding the color and told the dealer that I wanted Estoril Blue. The dealer told me that he might not be able to get that color for me because it would be a custom color, so he told me to pick a second color in case he could not get the Estoril Blue. The second color I picked was Steel Grey. The dealer called BMW's head office to see if they could make it in Estoril Blue and they said yes. So I signed the contract saying my car would be estoril Blue. 3 months later I get a call from my dealer saying that BMW Canada might have messed up the color and that the car is coming in Steel Grey.

So what should I do ? Should I take the car in Steel Grey which arrives in 7 days or ask the dealer to get the Estoril Blue one which will take at least another 2 months to get here. I have been waiting for so long and I don't know if I want to wait any longer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that the dealer is now trying very hard to get the Steel grey car off his hands. He keeps asking me to get the steel grey since it was my second choice and I would not have to wait.

I am very mad :ben:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yes, but he also told that you WILL get the Estoril Blue, so now it's his probleme, unless he will give you a good deal on the Steel Grey one.

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
359 Posts
color_wolf said:
I need help on deciding on what to do. I ordered a M3 about 3 months ago. I was deciding the color and told the dealer that I wanted Estoril Blue. The dealer told me that he might not be able to get that color for me because it would be a custom color, so he told me to pick a second color in case he could not get the Estoril Blue. The second color I picked was Steel Grey. The dealer called BMW's head office to see if they could make it in Estoril Blue and they said yes. So I signed the contract saying my car would be estoril Blue. 3 months later I get a call from my dealer saying that BMW Canada might have messed up the color and that the car is coming in Steel Grey.

So what should I do ? Should I take the car in Steel Grey which arrives in 7 days or ask the dealer to get the Estoril Blue one which will take at least another 2 months to get here. I have been waiting for so long and I don't know if I want to wait any longer.
It's YOUR money. If you don't mind the wait, screw the dealer. Its not what your ordered. If you really want the Gray, then tell them to make you a very good deal on it, or you are holding out for the blue.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
didnt you pay extra for the custom color?

dude, get estoril, screw that guy tell him he needs to stick to his word, the customer is always right, tell him unless he wants you to cancel your order with him cuz he cant fulfill it and go to someone else he will get you the damn estoril...

question: can the dealership have it repainted estoril? doesnt that lower resale though?

·
Registered
447 Posts
you should get what you want and not go for a color that you dont want, its alot of money and there is not reason you shouldnt get exactly what you want.
But Steel Gray is the best color so if it was my choice it would have been Steel Gray for sure.

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,253 Posts
you have a 323 already man..

wait!!! it's not like you don't have a car..

and the next time I see the estoril blue M3 I will wave, cus thaz gonna be the only one! :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have waited for to get the M3 for soooooo long
waiting another 2-3 months is going to kill me ....

but the estoril blue is so nice !!!

i have to make up my mind by next week or else I will miss the March production and I will have to wait till like august for my car !!!

i will see if i can get a deal for the steel grey like 2-3 grand off because they really screwed me over

still haven't made up my mind though ... more help would be nice

·
Registered
889 Posts
WAIT!!!
Are you kidding... 2mo to have that rare of a car,... in 3 months you will be kicking yourself in the A$$ for not waiting.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
i don't think color should play THAT big of a role when purchasing a car...i mean if both colors look good and are don't say "ARREST ME PLEASE", its all good. You will get the same exact car....you will probably enjoy it just as much....also i think you will see less dust/dirt on steel grey, personally i would get the deal and not wait another 3 months...

however, one downside, there is an issue you NEED to consider. Darker colors tend to get keyed A LOT...my dad has a silver benz....never keyed....i have a silver 330 never keyed (knock on wood)....my mom has a black 530...keyed 2 times....i also met a guy at a local meet who got keyed pretty badly on his black 330.....

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
Hell yeah, wait for the estroil blue its going to be a rare color, unless the dealers drops something huge amount of money for the steel grey.

·
Retired
1,320 Posts
Get the estoril blue. Its the one you want the most right? You're gonna be pissed whenever you see an estoril blue m3, which you probably wont. So that means you need to get it cuz you'll be the ONLY one with it!!! 3 months aint nuthin. We're talkin about your car, a hobby, a lifestyle, not some little toy. And if you decide to wait for the estoril blue, this gives you time to save up some mod money so you can pimp it out as soon as the M3 arrives. Anyhow, its your decision, good luck and post pics when it arrives!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree to wait. The blue is so much more rare and will probably be more appreciated by you down the road. If they said they will get you the car in the color you chose then it's their problem. You've already paid more for the color, just wait for the car that you ordered.

On a side note. I'd go to the manager of the dealership and tell them what a pain this is to you. Tell them that although you had a second choice in color, you also had a third, forth, etc, that doesn't mean you *wanted* that color. You chose blue, they said they could get blue, you should get blue. Tell them how much it bothers you and that you now want a discount due to their mistake. I bet you'll get some cash off in order to keep you there since they've already messed up and are making you wait a couple more months for a car that should be there in a week.

Good luck.

·
Registered
559 Posts
that blue is one of those colors i think that shines brilliantly out of the whole BMW color line-up. Guaranteed that heads will turn...so as far as people gawking - THEY WILL! Don't know if that's a plus or minus for you though...

The M3 to me is a fine BMW - getting that color is just the icing on the bavarian cream puff! :thumbup: Live a little and WAIT!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Since your paying so much for a car, you might as well get the one that you want, right? So, if you can handle it, wait. :D

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I would wait if I were you. It's still winter anyway; there's no rush to take out the M3. BTW it might snow this weekend in Vancouver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts