E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna purchase 19x8.5 and 19x10 Hamann HM2's this summer. The only question I have concerns the tires I'm also going to have to purchase.

I have always liked the Yokohama AVS Sports and I'm a big fan of Pirelli too. What type of tire will last a good bit of time but still give me good traction. I don't want to have to be buying tires all the time. And I don't need a crazy, grippy tire either, only a lil autocross every so often.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Tread life depends upon the way you drive, but on the avg. for Bimmers according to Car and Driver for a 330i, it was about 30K, also depending upon the tire. Dont expect more than 30K on any tire. First 100 miles, Go slow contact tread is poor. 100 to 20000 miles, best contact performance, then it deteriorates, after approx 20K to 40K. The tire can last probably more than 50K, GOING BALD. According to Tire Rack tread life is very comparable with the other brands out there, so the decision trigger is performance and to me, price is not an issue for you.

I would still go for the S03, after my study. Pirellis (except for zero) and Nittos, dont even bother, its a price thing and not a performance or wear thing. Go to the Tirerack's site and look at comparison tests and make your decision..so far S03s...are TOP NOTCH, and i ordered them for my M3

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
358 Posts
Hmm, about tires. I would not recommend getting Nittos first of all. I dont know about other people's experience with them, but for me, it did not last 12,000 miles. I just purchased a set of Dunlop SP Sport 9000's (235/35/19 & 265/30/19). This is the perfect size for the staggered setup of 19x8.5 and 19x10's. I would say try S-03's, but they do not have that size available as of yet on tirerack last time i checked. And AVS is expensive as hell like 300 bucks a pop. Pirelli's are good with good/decent thread wear. When i bought my set of tires, i wanted to keep the front and rears the same tires so i ended up with Dunlops. I've heard good things about them. I'll let you know how they grip once i get my car back from the shop. About how hard is it to fit 10's in the rear. Make sure you get the right offset. And definitely roll and i mean roll the hell out of the fender lip. I went the extra step to getting the lip shaved off. The only other thing that might seem like it won't fit is the inner lip of the wheel/tires itself. It feels like it's going to rub against the car on the inside wheel well since you can barely fit a finger in between them. Best solution is to lower your car a bit. It seems to give it more space between the inner wheel/tires and the wheel well wall intself. And also if you haven't found a place to get your HM2's, i highly recommend Rennsport. Ask for Sam, he'll help ya out and he's really helpful if you got any questions. And they got the BEST price available. Happy modding!!! :D

JT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.