BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for tires...which is best for this set up......19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear.

nitto 555
yoko avs
continental
pirelli p-zero
dunlop 9000
etc...

If other better tires...let me know please!

ohh and another question...which springs would u guys go with....

h&r sport or uuc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
do u search... this has been discussed quite a bit,,,,

Out of those choices people on this forum would probably rate ur 3 best options from best down: p-zero (competitione or nero for handling, after that yellow, and rosso for comfort compromise), Dunlop 9000, continental (you mean contisport, right?). Other tires that are also mentioned and sometimes preferred to the P-Zero's are Bridgestone SO-3.

I would personally go with neither of those springs and stick with Eibach, a nice conservative drop, IMHO. But I've never personally seen a car with UUC's since I'm in Australia.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See i was thinking springs just for a quick ride fix after i get my wheels ya know.....what kinda coilovers do you recommend?

·
Retired
1,338 Posts
kw or fk coilovers :thumbup:

But only get em if you plan on actually using the adjustments (height and dampening... and rebound if you want to spend even more)

Otherwise, i'd recommend a cup kit. ie. H&R

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
I like So3's. They are the best IMHO, cause they are a very well balanced tire. They aren't fabulous in the rain but get the job done, but in the dry they are killler:thumbup:
What's better than S-03s in the rain? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Some other good tires which have not been mentioned are the Yoko ES100 and Kumho MX. Also there's really nothing great about the Continental CSC's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have heard nothing but good reviews on the S-03's. Anyone know if they wear well?

·
2,266 Posts
S03s are the best but they don't make them in that size. Yoko AVS are very good but wear quickly. I haven't driven on P-Zeros but if Lambos and Ferraris use them then they must be good. P7000s blow in my experience, as do Contis. I feared for my life driving an M3 on Contis, I couldn't believe that they'd put such crap on a performance car.

Tirerack has a special on Pilot Sports (Michelins) which are also excellent. I had a set that was beautiful for about 23k miles before they hit some sort of threshold and sucked. I actually liked them more than my S03s that replaced them but I also hadn't gotten used to the S03s yet.

Dunlop and Toyo both have good reputations, based on Johnny's choice alone (he knows his sh-t) I'd choose the Toyos of the two. Nittos wear well and are a great value but performance wise don't measure up, though I'd rank them ahead of the Contis. I'd rank bald tires ahead of the contis :( I found the Nittos to be noisy when I drove on them.

JMHO, but if there's a good price on Pilots on Tirerack in those sizes, I'd get those in a second. It's too bad S03s aren't in that size range, but you've gotta get what you can. If Pilots are not on sale, and Toyo is significantly cheaper, or PZeros, I'd get one of those.

Really the only ones I wouldn't buy myself would be the P7000 and the conti. you can't go wrong with any of the rest.

·
Registered
184 Posts
S03..

D259M said:
As for tires...which is best for this set up......19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear.

nitto 555
yoko avs
continental
pirelli p-zero
dunlop 9000
etc...

If other better tires...let me know please!

ohh and another question...which springs would u guys go with....

h&r sport or uuc?

Thanks!

·
2,266 Posts
<i>originally posted by Dave</i><br>
<b>S03s are the best but they don't make them in that size.</b>

·
Registered
586 Posts
Dave said:
S03s are the best but they don't make them in that size.
They do, but only if he can squeeze 245's on the front & 275's on the rear. Fit under an M3 but dunno about his car.

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Definately S-03s if you want performance. Very good pricing compared to other major brands. Pirelli is over priced and not all that.

If you want a better wet traction tire, take a look at the Dunlop SP9000.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
Jspeed said:
Some other good tires which have not been mentioned are the Yoko ES100 and Kumho MX. Also there's really nothing great about the Continental CSC's.
yes the es100's are pretty good, although ive never tracked..just by doing my own road driving..they hold up pretty well for the price:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.