BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once again, I get rear ended...my car was repaired fairly quick this time...the rear trunk cover had to be replaced...however, I have one major problem....I noticed that the M3 logo is placed in the upper right right corner of the trunk cover instead of level with the rt rear tail light...wtf...is this a bogus non OEM M3 trunk cover???...or did the guy at the auto body shop misplace the emblem??

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
it must be said

im gonna say it nicely before others do it rudely: haha

:pics:

post 'em up and get some feedback before: :cry: :banghead: :ben:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The trunk cover doesn't come with a logo on it, the badge is a seperate part number and has to be re-applied by the body shop. Whoever did it should have done measurements on the damaged trunk first.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
regardless of pic or no pic...it is quite obvious to me and to anybody who is familiar with a M3 that the rear emblem on the trunk near the right tail light is MISPLACED....does this mean the autobody shop ordered a non OEM BMW trunk cover...does the emblem come already on the trunk or did somebody mess up and place it in the wrong place

·
Registered
546 Posts
did u know that the emblem like all the badges on our car are put on with "double sided" tape. He probably just put it in the wrong place....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hopingforM3 said:
how fast does this take to get fixed...I mean how long does it take to reposition the emblem?
If you want it done right, just do it yourself. Remove the emblem you have on now with a hairdryer and some floss. Get over to the BMW Parts dept, the badge is part # 51 147 893 655. It would be good if a bunch of members compared measurements of where the emblem was located to help you out. If only I could find something to measure with...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why do I have to order another badge...why can't I just reposition the one that is on there now? I think I should probably go the ****ing dealership and have them put it back where it should be...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hopingforM3 said:
why do I have to order another badge...why can't I just reposition the one that is on there now? I think I should probably go the ****ing dealership and have them put it back where it should be...
I personally wouldn't take the badge off and re-position it. I'd feel a lot better spending the $20 and getting another badge which comes with an adhesive backing on it that you peel off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I certain am not paying $20 to order another emblem...I will demand the body shop reorder another emblem and have it ready for me when I bring the car in...jesus...what a ****ing pain in the ass...this really pisses me off:ben: :banghead: :ben: :banghead:

·
Registered
130 Posts
hopingforM3 said:
I certain am not paying $20 to order another emblem...I will demand the body shop reorder another emblem and have it ready for me when I bring the car in...jesus...what a ****ing pain in the ass...this really pisses me off:ben: :banghead: :ben: :banghead:
Hey man, you must be some sort of idiot. It doesn't take much to figure this out. Why are you crying like a little b!tch. Just fix the damn thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts