BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey eveyone I have a question. I purchased my clear corners about 2 weeks ago. I use them with platinum vision bulbs. A couple of days ago i noticed, it's not that clear shiny silver(the corners not the bulb)...

Then today when i was washing my car i notced that it looks a bit yellowish. after i was done washing my car i poped the hood and took the clear lights out. And with a paper towel, i sticked my finger in the hole where the bulb goes and started wipping, and when i pulled out the paper towel, it was a little bit yellow. And it seems like it was humid as hell, because when i wiped it, it looked like it was a bit foged...

What the hell is that? does anyone else have this problem? is it the bulb, I got the clear corners from Evolutionsports.com, and the bulb from Bimmian.com. can anyone please help?

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
are the clear corners OEM? if no then they probably arent fitting right, letting water and air get in it causing it to fog up.

·
Banned
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, their not OEM... I got them from Evolutionsports.com. Does my bmw dealership carry them? the clear corners?

·
Banned
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the web site for discription it says:

"European Original Equipment Manufacture.
Direct Replacement For Factory Corner Lamps"

·
Banned
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did anyone get their wide/red euro taillight from bekkers.com? If so how did you like their products?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Billmister said:
In the web site for discription it says:

"European Original Equipment Manufacture.
Direct Replacement For Factory Corner Lamps"

Are they BOSCH? This is what the OEM's are. If u want OEM then get them from PacificBMW . They have great prices.:thumbup:

·
Banned
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys i found out what the problem is..I'M SUCH A BUMB ASS!!!

when i ordered my clear corners they came with bulbs and that thing that attached to the bulb that goes in the car. Well i only changed the bulb and left the thing that the bulb goes to standard... anyways i noticed when i was putting the BULB from bimmian.com that i had to jam it in... reason for this is.. en the of the bulb the two little dots come out exactly apart from each other... and standar once didn't.. one dot was say 12 o'clock and the other was at 4-5oclock... anyways... i changed it tonight and the bimmian bulbs fit perfect with what originally came from ecolutionsports.com... the the reason for the fog is because there was a little tiny whole open from what the original bulb was supposed to cover up.

If you didn't understand, it's cool i fixed my problem... anyway please help on this.

HOW DO I CLEAR THE DRY FOG (looks like yellow fungus) in my clears.? I was thinking filling it with hot water then drying it and then grabbing a pen and covering it with a sock with alcohol and cleaning the interior and leave it over night?... is this good? any ideas?

hey idoc3... thanks for the site... i'll keep that for any other mods i will do for my car? Please help on this question though...
what helps remove dried fog in my clears?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts