BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, only a few of you are gonna get this but you know when you make the OBC display the coolant temp, what does yours normally stay at? Mine is about 96C when idling and about 90-93C when driving normally, also is there a way to change it from Celsius to Fahrenheit? Thanks

The pic being taken at 3:23 was completely unintentional lol :pimpin:

·
Registered
33,137 Posts
Most of the world and engineers use Celcius so there is no point making a Fahrenheit option. If you want to do the conversion, the basic way is: times two plus 32, multiply the Celsius number by two and add 32 to the sum. If you want to be more accurate and have a calculator, you multiply the Celsius value by 9/5 instead of 2. You can also type "96 celsius into fahrenheit" into google

And yeah, if I remember right, my car is around 96°C as well on a 78°F day, idling.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the world and engineers use Celcius so there is no point making a Fahrenheit option. If you want to do the conversion, the basic way is: times two plus 32, multiply the Celsius number by two and add 32 to the sum. If you want to be more accurate and have a calculator, you multiply the Celsius value by 9/5 instead of 2. You can also type "96 celsius into fahrenheit" into google

And yeah, if I remember right, my car is around 96°C as well on a 78°F day, idling.
I know, my mom is Canadian so I know how to do C to F, I was just asking because Im more used to Fahrenheit so it would be nice if I could change it but w/e.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I thought if you push the stick it by the speedo in, it would change units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts