E46 Fanatics Forum banner

what should me my next mod?

• Oil cooler kit

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • level Ten transmission Upgrade

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Pss9 coilovers(if i can find the right price)

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
vote guys, will help me make my decision.

I think i may blow my tranny since i am running at 6.5 psi, with headers + cats and ACS muffler.

Help me out guys.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dude,

I think we are both in the same "place".

My next Mod's were going to be gauges, and new shock's.

But looks like the drivetrain is going to have to be sorted first.

Do the Level 10, what will be the point of evertything else, if the car stop's moving.?????

Durgesh

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Durgesh said:
Dude,

I think we are both in the same "place".

My next Mod's were going to be gauges, and new shock's.

But looks like the drivetrain is going to have to be sorted first.

Do the Level 10, what will be the point of evertything else, if the car stop's moving.?????

Durgesh
is your car a manual or a step?

i can feel my tranny slipping at times under hard acceleration :(

hence i only press the car if its above 80mph, it seems to be ok. i think afterthat speed the tranny can hold the torque. Anything below the speed and the rpms rise so quickly that the step tranny has to almost shift too quickly or so :dunno:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Manual box.

I am feeling the same slip, yesterday shifted hard into 3rd from 2nd, and it just gave way.

Has not slip'd totally since then, but it does not feel as snappy as it did before, and accelerating I feel the same as you it just feel's like the power is not getting to the wheels, even if its already in gear.

Durgesh

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Durgesh said:
Manual box.

I am feeling the same slip, yesterday shifted hard into 3rd from 2nd, and it just gave way.

Has not slip'd totally since then, but it does not feel as snappy as it did before, and accelerating I feel the same as you it just feel's like the power is not getting to the wheels, even if its already in gear.

Durgesh
your problem is simple
you need a clutch replacement. just wait till you wear out this one. Then go for a performance clutch.

·
Registered
608 Posts
kashif said:
your problem is simple
you need a clutch replacement. just wait till you wear out this one. Then go for a performance clutch.
Is the level ten??? what's the install like...??

Durgesh

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Durgesh said:
Is the level ten??? what's the install like...??

Durgesh
level ten is for the auto transmission cars.

they modifiy the torque convertor and the valve body. Making the auto gearbox capable of handling upto 350hp.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Yo Kashif,

I voted for the OC kit just because of the ambient temperature you're driving the car in. Level Ten sounds good too. But I'd say cooling your engine oil is more crucial. It's up to you. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.