E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hamann exhaust and an ECIS intake... now I have a desire for even more power... it seems like the first two engine mods just made me want to make my 2000 328Ci even faster... what should be the next thing I do to give my car some more zip?

Shark? Pullies? Something else? What kinda horsepower should I expect?

·
TiAg 330i
561 Posts
2000_328CI said:
I have a Hamann exhaust and an ECIS intake... now I have a desire for even more power... it seems like the first two engine mods just made me want to make my 2000 328Ci even faster... what should be the next thing I do to give my car some more zip?

diff swap, flywheel, headers for bigger gains (even though ain't much)

software helps to optimize what you already have

pullies are good bang for buck

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much HP should I expect from the pullies?

·
Banned
74 Posts
2000_328CI said:

def a ricey exhaust...my friends swears to 20-40 hp and torque gains all over powerband... :p

·
'a certain moderator'
35,484 Posts
miami323 said:
.... yeah but wont that just help you out on the low end?
I have found that from 0-100 my car is quicker, and a helllll of a lot more fun to drive.

from 100-134 (geared top speed without Shark), it doesnt pull as hard as it did before, because you are operating between 4500 and 6400RPM, out of the best part of the power band.

Still, no regrets here, and my MPG has only fallen off by 1mpg overall (and i dont drive like a grandma)

·
Registered
254 Posts
man I have 330ci and I just installed 3.38 gears.. I have a 5 spd.. honestly.. I love the low end on the car now, acceleration that really puts u in the seat now, woke the car right up.. BUT on the other end.. I'm running around 3600-3700 rpms at 80 which is usually my cruising speed.. I fear for my engines life now, I'm more scared about continuous cruising at that speed.. Went from 155+ top speed to about 145 now.. This is sharked btw.. I say GEARS! :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
35,484 Posts
dizz81 said:
man I have 330ci and I just installed 3.38 gears.. I have a 5 spd.. honestly.. I love the low end on the car now, acceleration that really puts u in the seat now, woke the car right up.. BUT on the other end.. I'm running around 3600-3700 rpms at 80 which is usually my cruising speed.. I fear for my engines life now, I'm more scared about continuous cruising at that speed.. Went from 155+ top speed to about 145 now.. This is sharked btw.. I say GEARS! :thumbup:
haha, i have the same fear as you... and in PA i roll the "PA Autobahn" (I78) pretty hard :rolleyes:

just change your oil more frequently, it will put your fears to rest.

btw 80mph with 3.46 diff in 325ci = 3,750rpm

·
Registered
254 Posts
damn.. yeah I love PA, specially when I do come home to visit the parents.. up 476 at 100+ always.. good stuff.. yeah instead of 5000 miles I'm aiming for 3500 or something along those lines.. Also using much thicker oil.. right now running 0w-40 maybe thicker but it might be fine.. have to see when I change my oil within the next 2 weeks..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts