E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I am lookin to buy the VM CSL Replica Wheels. Dogtor J. was kind enough to email me a great collection of pix of those wheels on various BMW's. Now, to my knowledge, only the 18" size wheels have been released so far; however, throughout the pictures, some wheels look larger than the others. :dunno:

Is this due to:
· Lowering Springs, Coil-overs.. etc.
· Body kit (side skirts.. etc.)
· Actual Color of the car (i.e. TiAg wheels occasionally look smaller b/c you can see the entire wheel well
· Rolled fenders (not sure what that means but i'v heard it
· Low profile tires or thinner tires

??

Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
dark cars make wheels look bigger. it's a visual trick. plus, a dropped car will make wheels look bigger too. fender rolling is invisible from the outside, so that doesn't matter. as for tire size, i guess lower profile tires would make wheels look bigger as well.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Choson1 said:
dark cars make wheels look bigger. it's a visual trick. plus, a dropped car will make wheels look bigger too. fender rolling is invisible from the outside, so that doesn't matter. as for tire size, i guess lower profile tires would make wheels look bigger as well.
true.. + if the spokes go to the edge of the circumference

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
just look for rims with spokes that go over to the edges

BBS LMs for example.. although 19" in overall diameter.. but the "face" is only 18" so they appear 18"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts