E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a brand new BMW owner, my first ever one!!

I am a little confused around the different fitments of lights etc due to different facelifts. I need to replace the Rear Nearside LED Cluster on my 320cd E46 2004, as it has a few failed LEDs and I don't fancy pulling apart and trying to fix. Although I'm under the impression there are only certain ones that will fit..is this correct?? Or Do any of the LED type fit, say off the M3??

Sorry for the Newbie Q, I'm still learning about the differences between models!

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
31,423 Posts
Sorry but I don't understand your question at all. What do you mean by "rear nearside led cluster"?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are talking about the rear tail lights themselves. And you have OEM LEDs. With that, you can use any coupe lights as long as they are LEDs. So the M3 should work.

But if you take a picture of what you're talking about, I'll be able to confirm it for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but I don't understand your question at all. What do you mean by "rear nearside led cluster"?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are talking about the rear tail lights themselves. And you have OEM LEDs. With that, you can use any coupe lights as long as they are LEDs. So the M3 should work.

But if you take a picture of what you're talking about, I'll be able to confirm it for you.
Hi, Thanks for your reply!

Sorry, I realised after joining that this is a predominantly an American forum, so we may have different terminologies. Yes passenger rear led light, seems like you have answered my original Q so thank you :)

another though..... are all the wiring setups that come with lights/on car the same for all LED types irrelevant of age/model??? I am looking for a replacement on eBay but don't want to buy the wrong wiring setup if these differ.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts