BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
T-Man said:
what size would the F & R be?

Thanks
Have you tried the options that tirerack.com has on their site. You can see all the tires that fit and various rims on a car very close looking to what you've got. Personally, I'd recommend buying a second set of relatively inexpensive rims and snow tires rather than mounting snow tires on your good rims and then in spring taking them off again, balancing the tires, etc. Plus you can go 17" rims/tires just for winter and save a bunch of money over 18".

·
Registered
847 Posts
but he is saving more money by using his OEM wheels, he would only have to buy a set of 18" tires as apposed to a set of 17" wheels plus 17" tires...

·
Registered
393 Posts
tricxe46 said:
but he is saving more money by using his OEM wheels, he would only have to buy a set of 18" tires as apposed to a set of 17" wheels plus 17" tires...
Yes he may be, but figure in the cost of taking the current tires off, mount the snow tires, balance the snow tires, the additional cost of 18" snows over 17", then in the spring reversing the entire process, hoping like hell that the people doing the mounting and balancing don't screw up the BBS rims. Plus drving the BBS in the snow the likelihood of messing one up is far greater than in the dry. It's so easy simply to take the summer rims/tires off and put on the winter rims/tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually my bbs rims are 19" so that's what i plan on using during the summer, thus save on wheels by using oem 18"....

·
Registered
393 Posts
T-Man said:
actually my bbs rims are 19" so that's what i plan on using during the summer, thus save on wheels by using oem 18"....
That's a whole other issue. At least you won't have to break down wheels and tires when you change. Take a look at the 18" snows at tirerack and keep i mind that for snow a narrow tire is better than a fat tire, so pick one that is the most narrow and will still fit your 18" wheels. Hell, I'd call Eddie at tirerack and run it by him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts