BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been having trouble w/ my front add-on. Keeps coming loose on the sides, and it looks ugly. Is there anykind of glue I can use that will be easy to take off later w/o harming my paint? Thanks.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks, it's the 330i sp bumper w/ a Rieger add-on. :D

I'm using double sided tape right now, but the add-on keeps separating, cuz it's curved a little more than the bumper. Anyone use silicone before? Is the 3m superpro trim adhesive stuff easy to remove? :dunno:

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, and what kind of silicone should I use? Sealant? Caulk? Or the household silicone glue?

·
Registered
222 Posts
ininfinitum said:
I've been having trouble w/ my front add-on. Keeps coming loose on the sides, and it looks ugly. Is there anykind of glue I can use that will be easy to take off later w/o harming my paint? Thanks.
The official BMW body kit glue is Dow Betalink adhesive, BMW part number 82 69 9 408 866. It is a black rubbery adhesive, similar to silicone caulk but thicker. The Betalink kit includes the glue, surface prep (solvent), a notched spatula-like spreader, sandpaper, and instructions.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cool, thanks! Any idea if this is easily removeable?
I don't think it qualifies as "easy", but you should be able to peel it up if you can get at an edge and work on it. A lot depends on your surface prep. It is intended to be permanent, after all...
good question! how much is it?? :dunno:
I don't have my paperwork handy for it, but I think it is under $20 or so, dealer list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts